The size and weight of a truck can lead to serious accidents resulting in severe, even life-threatening injuries. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck collision, you do not have to fight for financial recovery on your own. Our Richmond, VA truck accident lawyers at Jenner Law can help.
We will identify the accident’s cause and the at-fault party. Our law firm will also collect evidence and deal with the insurance company so you do not have to. Our goal is to hold the at-fault party responsible for your accident-related expenses.
It Is Never Too Soon to Put Our Truck Accident Lawyer to Work on Your Case
The days and weeks after a truck accident can be physically and emotionally traumatic and make dealing with the legal aspect of your case difficult. An important legal component of your case is the filing of your lawsuit. If your lawsuit is not filed on time, you could be left with no legal recourse that compels the at-fault party to compensate you.
In Virginia, the following statutes of limitation apply:
- Code of Virginia § 8.01-243 generally requires you to file your personal injury lawsuit within two years from the date of the accident.
- Code of Virginia § 8.01-244 generally requires you to file your lawsuit within two years of the date of a loved one’s accident-related demise.
The sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the more time we have to conduct a thorough investigation and build a solid case. Our familiarity with state law also means we can ensure the statute of limitations is correctly interpreted and your potential lawsuit is filed on time.
Compensation for Your Truck Accident-Related Expenses and Losses
According to Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMW) statistics, there were 2,645 accidents involving large trucks in 2021 and 52 truck accident fatalities. The costs of recovering from injury and fatal accidents can include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future loss of income
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Lasting disability and disfigurement
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional distress
- Wrongful death damage, where applicable
When our Virginia personal injury attorneys handle your case, they create a detailed list of your recoverable damages. They also work hard to ensure nothing is overlooked or omitted and that you are fairly compensated.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer call,
Our Richmond Truck Accident Attorneys Can Establish Negligence of Another Party
The state allows you to seek compensation if your accident resulted from another person’s negligence. To identify the at-fault party or parties in your case, our team will investigate and gather evidence establishing the four elements of negligence, including:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Potentially Liable Parties in Your Truck Accident Case
In truck accident cases, the at-fault party can include one or more of the following:
- The truck driver
- The driver’s employer
- The truck’s maker
- Truck parts maker
- Cargo loaders
- Truck repair facilities
Our truck accident attorney serving Richmond will deal with the at-fault party and their insurance company for you. We will also fight for the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Our Richmond, VA Truck Accident Lawyer Will Handle Evidence Collection
Evidence collection in truck accident cases can be complicated. When our law firm takes on this challenging task for you, we obtain the following:
- Police report to prove the accident’s causes and contributing factors
- Medical records and bills to document your required medical treatments
- Proof of income to substantiate the monetary value of your lost wages
- Injury and accident scene photos that capture the accident’s aftermath
- Statements from lay witnesses and trucking industry expert testimonials
You might find it difficult to obtain evidence on your own. Our law firm will obtain the trucker’s driving history and their logbooks. We may also obtain the truck’s repair and maintenance records.
You don’t have to stress yourself out with evidence collection. We can handle the process from start to finish for you while you rest and recover.
Leave the Hard Work and Details of Building Your Truck Accident Case to Us
Personal injury cases can be complex—a truck accident can be even more complex because it can involve multiple at-fault parties. When our truck accident attorney at Jenner Law handles your case, they can:
- Investigate the accident
- Collect supporting evidence
- Handle insurance claim forms
- Draft and file your case
- Handle all communication
- Consult expert witnesses
- Explain legal and insurance language
- Interview accident witnesses
- Negotiate with the insurer(s)
- Represent you at trial, if needed
In short, we do whatever is necessary to fight on your behalf and to obtain the best possible financial outcome for you.
Jenner Law’s History of Positive Client Reviews
Every client we represent is a priority for every member of our team. Our testimonials page is packed with reviews from previous clients, including the following:
- Brandon Hook: “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!”
- Laura Myles: “My experience was great. I was updated on everything at all times. I was very pleased with my law firm. If I could use them again, I would.”
Our law firm is client-focused, and we never fight for the compensation you need to start putting your life back together.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us After a Truck Accident in Richmond
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, our personal injury lawyers will help you fight for compensation. While you focus on getting better, our team at Jenner Law will focus on building your case.
Find out how hard our truck accident lawyer fights for injured clients in Richmond by contacting our case review team today.