Car accidents can change your life in so many ways. They can inflict physical injuries (including very serious or life-threatening ones), keep you from going to work, generate mounds of medical bills, and cause emotional trauma that affects your ability to recover.
No matter how your accident impacted you, you should not have to pay for it. They highly experienced car accident lawyers at Jenner Law Firm can file a lawsuit against the negligent driver and pursue a settlement that would cover all the injuries you suffered.
How Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
At Jenner Law, we do not want any car accident victim to feel like he or she is alone. Our entire legal team is here to support you in every way we can, including by:
- Assessing your case and legal options at no cost to you
- Charging no attorney’s fees unless—and until—you get compensation
- Collecting evidence to make your case as convincing as possible
- Keeping in contact with you so you know what stage your case is in
- Calculating how much money you should seek and how much each liable party may owe you (if there is more than one)
- Speaking to the liable party, if possible, and all other witnesses parties on your behalf
- Negotiating for a settlement—if successful, you could get your money faster and we would not have to go to court
- Representing you in court if the responsible party refuses to offer a fair settlement
- Handling all paperwork, including making sure it is completed and submitted on time
Why Choose Us as Your Personal Injury Lawyers
While many law firms could offer services like those listed above, Jenner Law adds a personal touch that our clients notice and appreciate. Here is what some of our past clients have to say about us:
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!” – Brandon Hook
- “Very responsive and available whenever I had questions. Friendly and trustworthy. I always felt like I was in good hands with Jenner Law.” – Elena Fracassa
- “I had a great experience with Jenner Law, the communication during my settlement was excellent.” – Tenesha Langford
Damages to Ask for After a Car Accident
Car accidents can cause physical, emotional, and financial damage, so it makes sense that you can seek compensation for all three of those categories. Here are a few specific examples of what may entitle you to compensation:
- Pain and suffering, to include both physical injuries and mental health issues like post-traumatic stress disorder
- Reduced quality of life, to include chronic pain or a loss of independence
- Disability, either permanent or temporary, if you suffered any severe injury that prevents you from moving or behaving as you did before
- Medical bills you have already received or can reasonably expect to receive in the future based on the nature of your injuries
- Repair bills, if your car was damaged enough that you had to get it fixed or even replaced
- Loss of income, or the money you would have gotten from your job if you didn’t have to take time off due to the accident
- Loss of earning capacity, which is money you expected to earn in the future but which your injuries prevent you from earning
These are just a few examples of damages you could ask for. You may find it helpful to create a list of all the ways the accident has changed your life. Our team can “translate” that list into legalese to file a lawsuit.
Who to Sue for a Car Accident
If you were injured in a car accident, a likely liable party is the driver who hit you. Zero Deaths Maryland reports that distracted driving alone accounted for 19,237 out of 36,765 traffic accidents in the state in 2020. That means distracted driving played a role in over 50 percent of traffic accident injuries. When you add speeding, aggressive driving, and other human factors, the percentage gets even higher.
That said, before you rush to file a lawsuit against that driver, it is a good idea to let us investigate the accident first. We can confirm the driver’s guilt or establish their innocence, and we can locate other parties who contributed to the accident in some way, such as:
- A local government responsible for maintaining the roadway
- An auto part manufacturer that allowed a faulty part to go to market
- A mechanic that did not properly fix the vehicle they were hired to service
When to Start a Car Accident Case
- You do not know what will happen months or years down the line, including whether you might be too preoccupied to think about filing a lawsuit
- You need financial compensation quickly to pay for your medical bills and other accident-related expenses
- Evidence related to the accident may disappear or become less reliable over time, so it is better to collect it as soon as possible
That said, finding the right lawyer and deciding whether you want to file a lawsuit are important decisions. You do not want to rush into anything you may regret later. Therefore, we offer free case reviews: it gives callers a chance to quickly learn about their options without forcing them to follow through with anything they are not ready for.
Getting Help After a Car Accident
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident, our team at Jenner Law wants to help. We have handled different kinds of car accident cases during our years in business, so we have the tools and experience necessary to provide clients with reliable, personalized representation. Call for a free case review today.