When another driver is careless behind the wheel, accidents happen. Not paying attention, making bad decisions, and recklessness can cause car accidents which result in injuries. Under Maryland law, you could pursue money for the expenses and losses you incurred because of someone else’s bad behavior behind the wheel.
How Our Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
There are several options for this, depending on the circumstances of your case and the insurance coverage available. You could sue the at-fault driver in civil court, but that may not be the best choice. At Jenner Law, our team will help you weigh the options and handle your case for you moving forward.
Baltimore is a great city. As a major center of science, the arts, and sports, Baltimore proudly promotes its beautiful Inner Harbor area that offers:
- Upscale crab shacks
- Attractions like the Civil War-era warship the USS Constellation and the National Aquarium, showcasing thousands of marine creatures
All in all, Baltimore boasts more than 26 million visitors a year. With so many residents and visitors, Baltimore also has a lot of car wrecks. Knowing what to do immediately following a crash and in the next few days and weeks is key to getting the money you need based on the accident facts.
3 Steps to Take After an Auto Accident in Baltimore
You can do three things immediately after a car accident in Baltimore to protect your case or claim.
- Do not talk about how the accident happened, what you were doing when the accident happened, or whose fault you think it was. The best thing you can say if somebody asks you if you’re hurt is, “I don’t know. I need to go to the emergency room and be checked.”
- Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, you should get examined by a doctor because, for some serious injuries, symptoms don’t show up right away. This could include traumatic brain injuries, internal bleeding, and other common collision injuries.
- Contact legal help. Insurance will begin to investigate the accident as soon as they are notified, and they will be looking for reasons to pay less money. Your Jenner Law accident attorney will also begin to investigate as soon as you contact us. We can manage correspondence with the insurer and advise you on any settlements they offer.
We will gather all the evidence to build a strong case. Then we can demand a fair settlement in negotiations with the insurance people. After we know the facts and can prove what happened, we will analyze what strategy will get you the largest settlement.
We know the rules in Maryland and will make sure that your claim or case is filed on time. In the three decades we’ve been helping car accident victims, we’ve seen quite a bit. We have the experience to represent your claim or case and get you the money you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer call,
What Are My Options for Compensation After a Baltimore Car Crash?
The options available to help you get the money you need and deserve after a crash will depend greatly on the unique circumstances of what happened. They could include:
- Filing a claim based on your own Maryland personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, if you have it and suffered only relatively minor injuries and few expenses
- Pursuing a fault-based claim against the driver who caused your injuries and negotiating a fair and appropriate settlement
- Suing the at-fault motorist and presenting evidence to the judge and jury, asking for a court award that compensates you for your damages
We can assess your case and options to help you make your decision about your next move. In most cases where injuries include ambulance transportation, emergency department treatment, and moderate to severe injuries, you will likely want to go beyond your no-fault PIP coverage, if you opted to purchase it. This is convenient if you do not have significant injuries because it does not require you to prove fault.
However, you can only recover the full value of your losses—including intangible pain and suffering and other non-economic damages—through a fault-based case. Under most circumstances, filing a claim based on the at-fault driver’s auto liability policy is an effective way to get their money.
When we handle these claims, we present evidence and demand a check to cover the value of their injuries, expenses, and losses. We negotiate until we can agree or sue the driver if we cannot. Most cases we handle settle without going to trial, although we are ready to fight for you in civil court if needed.
Identifying and Valuing My Recoverable Damages
One major advantage of having a legal team on your side is that we can help you understand how much your case is worth and what you can consider a loss when you file your insurance claim.
We will look at your bills, receipts, and other documents to understand how much this crash cost you and develop a list that holds the negligent driver responsible for it. This could include:
- Medical treatment for injuries
- Future care and support expenses
- Lost wages and future lost income due to injuries
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Other intangible costs
Our attorney also calculates a value for each client’s claim, putting a price on not only your out-of-pocket expenses but also your future costs and non-economic losses.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Connect With A Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
If you would like to speak to an experienced accident injury attorney, give Jenner Law a call at (888) 585-2188. The call and the consultation are free.
ROB JENNER has been trying automobile and general negligence cases his entire career. While the focus of Rob’s cases has certainly been larger, more complex personal injury matters, no case is too large or too small if he believes that a jury needs to determine justice for one of his clients.
For his efforts and results as a trial lawyer, the International Society of Barristers – one of the country’s most prestigious trial lawyer organizations – invited Rob to be a member.