We take pride in the relationships we develop with each of our clients. Through the power of our collective voices, we can make a difference.
Robert K. “Rob” Jenner founded Jenner Law, P.C. in 2018, focusing his practice on helping people and families affected by the harmful conduct of others. His practice focuses on cases involving personal injury, mass torts, therapy abuse, and clergy sexual abuse. What he enjoys most about being a lawyer is continuing his family legacy of social activism and fighting for social justice by representing the underdog – against large, well-funded institutions.
With more than 35 years of experience as a personal injury lawyer, Rob is a true career advocate who is empathic and non-judgmental, leading a team-driven approach to every client’s case. His employees have worked with him for 10 years, 17 years, 21 years, and more, cultivating a culture of respect and family in the workplace which translates into superior client relationships and advocacy. He understands representing clients with physical, emotional, and psychological trauma and seeks to ensure they are not victimized again by the legal process after suffering the harm that brought them to his law firm for help.
Of working with Rob, his fellow lawyers have said, “Rob Jenner and his firm are the model for caring, compassionate, and effective lawyers. Rob is a listener. Especially for clients, Rob will make sure that he hears you, understands you, and that your voice will be heard.” His former clients have said, “Rob Jenner treated me like a person, not a payday. I could contact him directly if I wanted to. His staff were always polite and willing to help me with any questions that I had.”
Rob graduated from Franklin & Marshall College with a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1982. Subsequently, he earned his law degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1985, cum laude. He is licensed to practice law in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Massachusetts, as well as admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the District of Maryland and District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Rob is honored to have received numerous industry awards and recognitions across his career, including being named “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore, MD by Best Lawyers® for Products Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2022, for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs in 2017 and 2013, and for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2016. He has received the honor of being name to the Best Lawyers® lists for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation every year since 2006.
The Daily Record, Maryland’s daily business and law newspaper, recently named Rob to its 2023 Power List, chosen by the editors of the paper. The list is part of a series of Power Lists that showcases the most influential figures in law, business, financial services, and other fields.
He has also achieved an AV Preeminent Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, was named one of “America’s 52 Most Influential Trial Lawyers” by The National Law Journal & The Trial Lawyer Magazine, has been selected for inclusion in the Maryland Super Lawyers list every year since 2007, and won the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award from the Maryland Association for Justice.
Rob is a sought-after speaker for events across the country and is a member of the Maryland Association for Justice, American Association for Justice, Trial Lawyers Association of Washington, D.C., Maryland Bar Association, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Federal Bar Association, and more.
Rob cultivates a culture of giving back within his law firm. Beyond representing and serving their clients, Rob’s team maintains and contributes to the Jenner Law Donor Fund, a charitable trust that routinely makes contributions to causes of the employees’ choice, including programs addressing food insufficiency, veterans, women’s safety, and animal protection.
Outside of work, Rob is happily married to Beth Graham, also a notable trial lawyer. Rob has two adult children, Matt and Nikki. He is also a Certified Master Scuba Diver with Special Certifications as a Rescue Diver, Wreck Diver, Night Diver, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Deep Diver, and Boat Diver and is an amateur underwater photographer. Rob and his wife are proud volunteers for Lab Rescue of the LRCP, and they enjoy the company of their two rescue labs, Zoom and Callie, who are dedicated members of the law firm staff.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Mass Torts
- Defective Drugs and Devices
- Therapy Abuse
- Clergy Abuse
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 1985
- Banks-Baldwin Clinical Program Award
Franklin & Marshall College, Bachelor of Arts in History, 1982
- William Toth Memorial Prize (History)
District of Columbia, 1986
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1988
- United States Supreme Court, 1992
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 1993
Litigation Leadership Positions
- Co-Lead Counsel, In Re Gilead Tenofovir Cases, Superior Court for the State of California in San Francisco, JCCP No. 5043 (2019)
- Executive Committee, In re Columbia Gas Cases, Superior Court for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Civil Action Number 1877-CV-01343G (2018)
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Essure Product Cases, JCCP No. 4887 (2018)
- Liaison Counsel, In Re Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) Hip Implant Product Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2775 (2017)
- Liaison Counsel, In Re Zofran (Ondansetron) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2657 (2015)
- Co-Lead Counsel, In Re Consolidated Fresenius Cases, Superior Court for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Civil Action Number 13-CV-3400 (2015)
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, In Re Lipitor Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2502 (2014)
- Co-Lead Counsel, In Re Skechers Toning Shoe Product Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2308 (2012)
- Maryland Association for Justice, Past President
- American Association for Justice
- National College of Advocacy, Member
- Former AAJ State Governor for Maryland
- Former Publications Committee Chair
- Past Chair of Section on Toxic, Environmental and Pharmaceutical Torts
- Co-Chair of Zofran Litigation Group
- Co-Chair of Tenofovir Litigation Group
- Co-Chair of Pradaxa Litigation Group
- Past Chair of Pain Pump-Chondrolysis Litigation Group
- Past Vice-Chair of Hormone Therapy Litigation Group
- Past Vice-Chair of Rezulin Litigation Group
- Past Vice-Chair of Baycol Litigation Group
- Past Vice-Chair of AIDS Litigation Group
- Past Vice-Chair of Latex Allergy Litigation Group
- Past Vice-Chair of HMO Litigation Group
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow
- Maryland Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Trial Lawyers Association of Washington, D.C.
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Federal Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Best Lawyers® 2006 – present for:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers® for:
- Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs, Baltimore (2022)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Baltimore (2017)
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Baltimore (2016)
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Baltimore (2013)
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Trial Lawyer Roundtable, Selected to America’s 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2017 – 2022
- Named one of “America’s 52 Most Influential Trial Lawyers,” The National Law Journal & The Trial Lawyer Magazine (2018 – 2022)
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2007 – present
- Top 100 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2015
- Top 50 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2007 – 2011
- Editorial Advisory Board, Law360, 2011 – 2012
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, Maryland Association for Justice, 2009
- Wiedemann-Wysocki Medal for commitment to the civil justice system, American Association for Justice, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2008
- Morris Balser Award for Fundraising, First Place, Maryland Association for Justice, 2001, 2002, and 2003
- “Advocate of Trial Advocacy,” National College of Advocacy, American Association for Justice, 2002
- The Daily Record’s 2023 Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Law Power List
Selected Recent Speaking Engagements
- Elmiron Litigation, American Association for Justice Webinar, Course Advisor and Moderator, February 2021.
- Tenofovir Litigation, Mass Torts Made Perfect Webinar, February 2021.
- Tenofovir, Litigation at Sunrise, American Association for Justice, July 2019.
- Mass Torts for the Masses, Everything You Wanted To Know About Mass Torts, American Association for Justice, July 2019.
- Specialized Depositions College: Mass Torts, American Association for Justice, Course Advisor and Speaker, October 2018.
- Discovering the Science – When the Defendant Refuses To, Mass Torts Made Perfect, April 2018.
- Mass Tort Best Practices: Client Management 101 – Managing Client Expectations, American Association for Justice, Mass Torts Best Practices Seminar, July 2017.
- Emerging Orthopedic Mass Torts, Mass Torts Made Perfect, April 2017.
- Why the Most Successful Trial Teams Include Women, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 2016.
- Insights from Judges and Trial Attorneys, Fourth Annual Complex Litigation Judicial Forum, March 2016.
- When Med Mal and Mass Torts Overlap, New Jersey Association for Justice, November 2015.
- Assisting Clients With Settlement Allocations, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October, 2015.
- Zofran Litigation, Plaintiffs Hot Topics Seminar, Course Advisor and Speaker, September 2015.
- Zofran, Mass Torts Made Perfect, April 2015.
- Testosterone Therapy Seminar, American Association for Justice, Course Advisor, March 2014.
Selected Recent Publications
- “Protect Your Liability Expert’s Deposition,” Trial, Vol. 55, No. 4, p. 16, April 2019.
- “Managing Mass Torts: Laying the Groundwork,” Trial, July 2016.
- “7 Ways to Minimize Law Firm Expenses,” Trial, Vol. 52, No. 3, March 2016.
Lab Rescue of the LRCP, Volunteer