Advances in medical care have helped people live fuller, healthier lives. When a medical device intended to improve your health instead creates further issues, it can be hard to know where to turn for help. The manufacturers of defective medical devices can be held financially accountable for your injuries and their related effects. We work hard to recover the costs of your medical care, pain and suffering, and more.
At Jenner Law, our personal injury team can help you build a strong case for financial compensation. We will identify the manufacturer of the device that compromised your health and document its defect. While you focus on getting better, we consult medical and other subject matter experts who substantiate your injuries and your right to financial recovery.
How We Determine and Define Liability in Defective Medical Device Cases
Our law firm will identify the manufacturer or other liable party who can be held accountable for the physical, emotional, and financial repercussions of the device in question. To prove liability, we document the at-fault party’s:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
The evidence we collect on your behalf will include your medical records and bills and information about the device. Our investigation will determine whether the defect is in the design, manufacture, or marketing of the device.
Common Defective Medical Devices
At Jenner Law, our Maryland personal injury lawyers fight for the rights of clients injured by the following medical devices:
- Infusion pain pumps
- Dialysis equipment
- Orthopedic hip implants
This list is in no way exhaustive. The best way to understand how our legal team can help you recover appropriate compensation is with a free review of your case.
Personal Injury Versus Mass Torts Cases
According to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) data, hundreds of thousands of potentially defective medical devices are reported to FDA administrators. These reports identify malfunctioning devices and report injuries and fatalities. If you or a loved one was injured by a medical device, you could have more than one financial recovery option.
When you seek compensation for a defective medical device via a personal injury case, our law firm will help you take on the product manufacturer. We may also help you start or join a mass tort case where you and multiple injured parties pursue compensation from the same at-fault party. In this case, you would benefit from the combined resources of a diverse team of attorneys all fighting for your best interests.
Potential Compensation for Those Injured by Faulty Medical Devices
If you were treated with a defective medical device, you may have additional expenses, including the costs of treating any resulting medical conditions. In addition to these expenses, our team at Jenner Law fights to recover the following:
- All required medical care
- In-home medical support
- Rehabilitation or therapy
- Past and future lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional angst
- Diminished quality of life
If a faulty medical device led to the loss of a loved one, we hope to express how sorry we are for your loss. We can support your family as we fight to recover wrongful death compensation. Damages we request for surviving family members can include your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses. We also request the value of their financial support and your loss of their domestic support.
How the Statute of Limitations Affects Your Case
Whether filed as an individual or a part of a larger group of plaintiffs, all civil lawsuits have a statute of limitations. This is the filing deadline imposed by the state which limits the amount of time you have to file your lawsuit.
If your lawsuit is not filed on time:
- The courts could prohibit you from filing it at all
- It will be dismissed without its merits being heard
- You could lose your bargaining power with the insurance company
When we take on your case, our defective medical devices attorney will explain the filing deadline that affects your claim or lawsuit. With adequate notice from you, we file your case with enough time to avoid the costly effects of non-compliance.
Our Defective Medical Devices Team Builds the Strongest Possible Case for You
When complications from a medical device hinder your health, it can lead to additional healthcare challenges and costs. To bolster and support your case, our legal team will:
- Listen to your story with compassion and understanding
- Compile medical records and bills that document your use of the device
- Clarify the benefits of an individual or mass torts case and explain your options
- Determine the harm caused by the device and monetary value of your case
- Handle the details and intricacies of the negotiation process from start to finish
- Communicate with all at-fault parties and provide ongoing updates on your case
Our goal is to build the strongest possible case for you and fight for a fair outcome. Most cases like yours are resolved with an out-of-court settlement. If a settlement agreement is not forthcoming in your case, we will not hesitate to represent you in court.
Five-Star Reviews From Previous Medical Device Clients
Every client we represent is a priority for our legal team, so we work hard to treat you like a person, not a case file. When previous clients share their experience with our firm, they say:
- Identity Hidden: I really appreciated the quality and timeliness of work that went into my case. I was so pleased that I hired Rob Jenner and his team to handle the Transvaginal Mesh lawsuit…I was always informed on the status of my case.
- Identity Hidden: Jenner Law…did a fantastic job in representing myself and others in a case against a medical device company. It was an extremely difficult case and…they achieved the best outcome possible. I totally recommend Jenner Law without hesitation.
Read additional testimonials on our reviews page and learn more about our commitment to the clients we serve.
Contact One of Our Defective Medical Device Team Members Today
If you or someone you love was injured by a flawed or faulty medical device, our law firm can help. We will gather evidence that holds the device’s manufacturer financially accountable for your impaired health.
Call our defective medical devices team at Jenner Law for a free review of your case today.