With medical bills mounting and time off of work, you may feel overwhelmed and anxious about your future. It’s difficult to dig out of a financial hole like that when you’re suffering in other ways. Thankfully, our personal injury lawyers can help you climb back to the surface. If you have sustained serious car accident injuries because of someone else’s negligence, you can pursue compensation from the person responsible.
A Columbia car accident lawyer from Jenner Law will fight for a financial award that helps you recover your medical expenses and other losses. An accident can leave you with physical and emotional injuries that impact your daily life. Let us take charge of the legal process, so you can prioritize healing.
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The settlement value of your car accident depends on the circumstances of your case. Your lawyers will use a formula to account for your expenses, unearned income, and personal losses. Much of the time, those with more severe injuries can expect a larger settlement; however, our lawyers will do their best to make sure your settlement represents what you’ve lost and compensates you accordingly.
Types of Recoverable Damages from a Car Accident
Damages include both financial and personal losses, such as:
- Medical costs from care received immediately after the accident. We can also claim the cost of future medical expenses, including ongoing doctor’s appointments, surgeries, and rehabilitation.
- Lost income from not being able to work while you were recovering. If your injuries resulted in reduced earning capacity, our attorneys can calculate the value of future lost income.
- Pain and suffering from physical, mental, and emotional pain after the accident. Long-term physical impairment, loss of life enjoyment, and accident-induced trauma can all be claimed under this category of losses.
- Wrongful death damages if you have lost a loved one in an accident.
Placing a monetary value on these losses can be challenging. We want your financial award to improve your quality of life, so we will fight to make sure your compensation accounts for everything you’ve lost.
Recoverable Damages for the Loss of a Loved One
Data from Zero Deaths Maryland states there were 420 fatalities involving drivers and passengers in Maryland in 2020. If you lost a loved one because of a negligent driver, on behalf of everyone at Jenner Law, we are so sorry for your loss. Too many family members suffer tragedies like these alone. We’re here to help.
Surviving spouses, parents, or children may be eligible to file a wrongful death case. Compensation these loved ones could recover include:
- Funeral or celebration of life expenses
- Burial or cremation expenses
- Financial support your loved one contributed to the family
- Loss of companionship, guidance and support your loved one offered
We know that the companionship and support your loved one provided were priceless to you, but we hope that recovering compensation for your family can give you room to grieve.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer call,
How Much does a Columbia Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
We offer free consultations to see how we can be of service to you. We can discuss all legal fees during our initial agreement. However, you do not have to pay anything for us to get started on your case. We work on a contingency fee, meaning we don’t get paid until we win your case.
Benefits of a Columbia Car Accident Lawyer
At Jenner Law, we understand the aftereffects of a car accident and how the consequences leech into every aspect of your life. We will fight for your compensation, so you don’t have the added burden of filing your case during your recovery. The benefits of choosing an attorney from our team include:
- Knowing the true value of your case
- Use of our firm’s resources to investigate and gather evidence
- Having your claim filed on your behalf
- Not having to communicate with insurers or the at-fault party
- A strong case testifying to the at-fault party’s financial responsibility
- Frequent case updates
We know you have a lot going on. We will take the lead on your case, so you don’t have to worry about the legal process. While you recover, we’ll take care of everything else.
We Strive to Protect Your Interests
Our personal injury lawyers offer each client personalized attention, so you won’t feel like your case is just a number. Communicating with you is our first priority. We work hard to support you and seek the most favorable compensation that we can.
Clients that have used Jenner Law can attest to the services we provide. Consider these reviews from past clients:
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!” – Brandon Hook
- “I had a great experience with Jenner Law, the communication during my settlement was excellent.” – Tenesha Langford
Click to contact our State Name Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Long do I Have to File My Accident Case?
Per Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 5-101, you have three years from the accident date to file your case. It is important to contact an attorney’s team as soon as possible after the accident to ensure your counsel has adequate time to prepare.
Three years may seem like a long time, but it can go quicker than you think. It’s important to file before the statute of limitations expires, or your case may get thrown out.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You Need to File Your Car Accident Case
Providing evidence to support your case after the accident is essential. Some examples of documentation you’ll need to provide can include:
- Medical records
- Hospital bills
- Counseling and/or therapy bills
- Description of how your injuries have affected your daily life
- Receipts of out-of-pocket costs
- Notes from employers explaining lost time at work
- Repair estimates for your vehicle
- Home modification costs
If this seems like a lot, don’t worry. Our team can gather the necessary information for you. We will use the evidence at our disposal to build a strong case for compensation.
Contact Jenner Law After Your Car Accident
Ensure your rights are protected by securing our Columbia car accident lawyer. Call us today for your free consultation, or complete the form on our website.
Call or text (888) 585-2188 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form