Jenner Law: 35+ Years Fighting Big Pharma
More than 22,000 people living with HIV have filed lawsuits against Gilead Sciences in the state of California, alleging that Gilead withheld a safer HIV treatment drug from them.
NY Times Article: How a Drug Maker Profited by Slow-Walking a Promising H.I.V. Therapy
Gilead released a version of Tenofovir called TDF that Gilead sold under the brand names Truvada®, Atripla®, Viread®, Stribild®, and Complera®. These drugs had known kidney and bone side effects. The lawsuit alleges that Gilead had a safer version of Tenofovir called “TAF” that would have reduced the risk of kidney and bone injuries. The lawsuit alleges further that Gilead delayed the release of TAF, the safer drug, for more than a decade to make them billions of dollars in excess profits.
In October 2019, the Superior Court for the State of California named Rob Jenner as Co-Lead Counsel in the California Coordinated Proceeding of Gilead Tenofovir Cases (JCCP No 5043). The first case is set for trial on October 3, 2022.
Jenner Law is currently investigating claims on behalf of HIV patients who have developed kidney disease or bone density loss after taking any of these drugs.
What You Should Do If You’re the Victim of a Dangerous HIV or AIDS Drug
If you or a loved one suffered health consequences that could be attributed to an HIV or AIDS drug manufactured by Gilead Sciences, then you could:
- Hire Jenner Law: An HIV dangerous drug lawyer from firm is well versed in the case against Gilead. By hiring our firm, you’ll get clear direction for how to seek compensation for your losses. We will lead your case from the moment you hire us.
- Keep your own records: Records of your medical conditions and treatment are important to your case. As you receive treatment and evaluation of your ailments, we encourage you to keep as much documentation as possible. We may use much of that evidence for compensation.
- Continue to focus on your well-being: Jenner Law is exceptionally experienced in mass tort lawsuits and will handle your case. You focus on your recovery and other aspects of your well-being.
Complications from dangerous drugs can be overwhelming. Your attention should be on your recovery or caring for a loved one who is suffering. We will take your legal case off your hands, ensuring you have the time to focus on what matters most.
Jenner Law Has Experienced HIV Dangerous Drug Lawyers To Help With Cases Like Yours
Cases involving dangerous HIV or AIDS drugs can be extremely complicated. Your dangerous drug lawyer should understand pharmaceutical industry regulations, best testing practices for drugs, and other relevant rules and concepts. Having handled both defective drug and HIV infection cases, Jenner Law has the necessary experience and knowledge for your case.
HIV drug side effects are one of the mass torts that Jenner Law has led. In handling these cases, our attorneys:
- Familiarized themselves with the allegations that plaintiffs lodged against manufacturers of dangerous HIV drugs
- Learned about the various medications for which Gilead Sciences faces allegations of wrongdoing, including Truvada®, Atripla®, Viread®, Stribild®, and Complera®
- Reviewed relevant documentation provided by Gilead Sciences and others, interpreting complex pharmaceutical data as part of the case
We have been working on the case against Gilead Sciences since 2019. If we represent you, we will use our existing knowledge and experience in favor of your case.
Why You Shouldn’t Handle an HIV Dangerous Drug Case on Your Own?
Certain victims of Gilead Sciences’ negligence might consider taking legal action on their own. We generally advise that, instead, you hire an attorney to lead your case. If you don’t hire an attorney to fight for you, then you:
- Might be overmatched against a defendant like Gilead, which has ample financial and legal resources on its side
- May be quickly overwhelmed by the complexity of the case against Gilead
- Suffer significant financial losses as you pay for various aspects of your case, and may not even win when all is said and done
For most victims, fighting an individual legal fight against Gilead is not possible. Jenner Law has the resources, willpower, and existing position to handle your legal case. There is no need to go elsewhere for legal help.
Our HIV Dangerous Drug Lawyers Are Ready To Take on Mass Tort Cases Like Yours
Rob Jenner has more than three and a half decades of experience as a leader in national lawsuits against major drug companies, and was an early courtroom advocate for better treatments for HIV and AIDS patients.
Jenner is the author of Transfusion-Associated AIDS, a legal treatise for lawyers handling AIDS-related personal injury claims. He is the former Chair of the AIDS Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice and has lectured internationally on the legal rights of persons impacted by HIV and AIDS.
Federal and state court judges have repeatedly selected Mr. Jenner to lead teams of plaintiffs’ attorneys in complicated, multidistrict litigation against some of the nation’s most powerful pharmaceutical and medical device companies. For the fourth year in a row, The National Trial Lawyers have named Rob Jenner one of America’s Top 50 Influential Trial Lawyers. The announcement was made in The Trial Lawyer magazine (Spring 2022).
Call on Our Team To Support You Through Your Case
Our team has representatives to listen to your side of the story. We are available 24/7 to discuss your case with you. Call us today to learn more about your next steps.