If you or someone you love suffered an injury because of someone else’s negligence, you may have legal options to consider. Our Virginia personal injury lawyer can help you build a strong case for financial recovery. We will investigate your case and hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions. Our law firm can identify the at-fault party and prove who and what caused your injuries.
At Jenner Law, we never stop fighting for you. As we build your Virginia compensation case, we handle evidence collection and communicate with all parties on your behalf. Our team also manages negotiation talks with the at-fault party and their insurance company to reach a fair and appropriate settlement. When we partner with you on your case, you can focus on your healing full-time while we work to protect your rights and look out for your interests.
Assigning Financial Liability After a Negligence-Based Accident in Virginia
Your case file and the evidence it contains will tell the story of your accident in the Virginia area. It can also help lead your case toward an out-of-court settlement rather than a trial. Our personal injury lawyers will collect specific evidence based on your case, which can include:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Therapy records
- Accident photos
- Injury photos
- Witness statements
We will also obtain statements from expert witnesses who support your right to compensation. We represent you on a contingency fee basis as well. That means we gather evidence and use it to negotiate on your behalf at no upfront cost. You also pay us nothing out of your pocket. Instead, we receive compensation in your Virginia injury case only after we obtain it for you.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas in Virginia
Accidental injuries can happen in many ways. In addition, you could have a case for injuries that are psychological rather than physical. At Jenner Law, we support clients in the following types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Mass torts cases
- Therapist abuse
This list is not exhaustive, and we know it can be hard to figure out whether your case has legal merit on your own. We offer free case reviews so you can ask us questions about your case, and we can explain your potential compensation options.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer call,
Our Jenner Law Team Will Pursue Monetary Compensation
A personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit can result in several financial damages. Economic damages are expenses with a direct and documented cost. Non-economic damages are intangible expenses that can be harder to prove on your own.
Economic damages you could recover include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages you can recover include:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Diminished quality of life
If a family member lost their life in a negligence-based accident, you might be able to recover wrongful death damages. State law governs these actions, so we can explain how it works and which surviving family members can seek these losses. These damages include funeral and burial costs and the recovery of your family member’s income. You also might be able to receive financial compensation for loss of consortium, companionship, guidance, and society.
Understanding Virginia’s Statute of Limitations Deadlines for Injury Cases
The state determines the time you have to file a lawsuit after someone injures you due to their negligence or recklessness. In Virginia, you generally have two years to file.
At Jenner Law, our legal team will explain when the state’s time restriction starts and when it might change. In general:
- Code of Virginia § 8.01-243 limits you to two years from the accident date to file an injury lawsuit.
- Code of Virginia § 8.01-244 limits you to two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
In most cases, you likely will not be able to file your lawsuit once the deadline passes. If your potential lawsuit is filed late, it will be dismissed without its merits being heard. When we handle your case, we ensure the statute of limitations is correctly interpreted based on your case’ details. We also make sure to file your case within the allotted time.
Our Client-Focused Law Firm Never Stops Fighting for You
Building a personal injury case can be complex and take significant time. While you concentrate on your physical recovery, we get to work on your financial recovery. On your behalf, our legal team will:
- Investigate your case’s details
- Calculate your case’s monetary value
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Search for photos and video footage that supports your injury case
- Explain legal and insurance terms and language
- Answer your legal questions and concerns
- Provide ongoing case updates and development
- Negotiate with the insurance company for fair compensation
Typically, personal injury cases settle out of court. If we must fight for your financial relief in court, however, we are ready. We can prepare your evidence and exhibits and represent you at trial to keep fighting for favorable compensation.
Five-Star Reviews for Jenner Law
Reviews from previous clients can help you understand what it means to work with our client-focused legal team. In online reviews, they say the following:
- Jennifer Ballowe: Jenner Law is a great firm. The owner, Rob Jenner, treated me like a person, not a payday…His staff was always polite and willing to help me with any questions that I had. …he was sincerely concerned with my well-being…I highly recommend this law firm.
- Christy Wyatt: I have nothing but positive things to say about this law firm! The staff is informative and kind…The attorney is awesome and really cares about his clients. The paralegal is anyways quick to respond to emails or any questions you have…I’d work with this firm again.
See what other clients have to say and listen to their reviews in their own words on our client testimonials page.
Click to contact our State Name Personal Injury Lawyers today
Your First Case Review Is Free – Talk to Us About Your Virginia Injury Today
You are entitled to damages if someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior harmed you or your loved one. Our personal injury lawyer helps people injured in Virginia seek financial compensation from the at-fault or liable party or their insurance company. Find out how by contacting our case review team at Jenner Law today.
Call or text (888) 585-2188 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form