If you’ve been injured in an accident or a loved one lost their life because of the negligence of someone else, a Washington D.C. personal injury lawyer can help you fight for compensation for your losses. Whether you have an individual claim or want to seek compensation in a mass tort or class action case, Jenner Law can help.
We are happy to offer a free initial consultation to find out if we are a good fit for you. You can contact us to talk with a member of our team about your case.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth
No one can tell you how much you can get in settlement for your personal injury claim without looking into your situation. There are no automatic settlement amounts, even within the same category of personal injury or even the same accident.
When we investigate your case, we can look for facts and evidence to support your claim or lawsuit. Some of the more common types of compensation and personal injury cases include:
- Medical bills: Medical expenses needed to treat your wounds are usually recoverable in a personal injury case.
- Lost wages: If you missed time from work because of your injuries, we can include that financial loss in your claim.
- Non-economic damages: This category can include things like pain and suffering, disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder, and loss of enjoyment of life.
If your loved one died from their injuries, we can pursue a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for your family.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer call,
The Benefits of Working with a Personal Injury Attorney
You do not have to go through a personal injury claim or a lawsuit by yourself. When we represent you, you get to focus on your health and well-being while we handle the legal matters. Here are some of the additional benefits of having a Jenner Law handle your case:
- You won’t have to be bothered by the claims adjuster. When you have a lawyer working for you, the defendant and insurance company contact us instead of you. You won’t be harassed by incessant phone calls, text messages, or emails. You can simply tell them to talk to your lawyer.
- We can handle negotiations with the insurance company. Dealing with an insurance company can be stressful. We can shoulder this responsibility for you. We can deal directly with the claims adjuster and investigators from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- We can gather evidence and build your case for compensation. We can talk to potential witnesses, gather documents, and defend you if the at-fault party tries to blame you for the accident.
- If we reach a settlement for your claim, we can review all the documents before you sign them to protect you from signing away more rights than necessary.
If we do not reach an amicable settlement with the defendant, we can file a lawsuit and take your case to trial. However, this scenario is unlikely. According to the DOJ, most personal injury cases don’t go to trial. We can continue to negotiate after the lawsuit gets filed.
Why Should I Work with an Attorney
The law does not require that you work with a personal injury lawyer on your case, but an attorney can be an indispensable asset. Here are a few reasons to work with a lawyer:
- Statute of limitations: D.C. Code § 12-301 states that a personal injury lawsuit must be filed within three years. The D.C. Code § 16-2702 gives you only two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you miss the filing deadline, the statute of limitations could bar you from seeking compensation from the negligent party.
- Lowball offers: When the claims adjuster discovers that an injured person doesn’t have their own lawyer, they might throw out a low, quick offer to get rid of the case.
- Overlook a potential defendant: There could be multiple people who share liability in your case. Without an understanding of the legal system or resources for a full investigation, you might fail to identify all possible defendants.
We can help you navigate the personal injury claim and lawsuit process and help you overcome problems like these.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
With our years of experience, we’ve handled just about every kind of personal injury claim, including:
- Car accidents
- Construction site and workplace injuries
- Environmental disasters
- Mass torts like Camp Lejeune, military hearing loss, dangerous HIV drugs, orthopedic hip implants, and Elmiron injuries
- Overdraft fee class action litigation
- Therapist abuse
Don’t worry if your type of accident is not on this list. It would be nearly impossible to include every type of case that we handle. Feel free to reach out to our office to find out if we can help you. Odds are, we can. If you suffered injury from someone else’s negligence, we can help you fight for compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Legal fees are different in personal injury cases than other types of law. We do not charge by the hour for our work on your case. You won’t have to pay us any upfront fees to secure representation.
Instead, we handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that if you do not win, you do not owe us any money for attorney fees. We put all the terms of the contingency fee agreement in writing at the beginning of your case. There are no surprises.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer Today
You can reach out to Jenner Law for a free initial consultation. It’s really that easy to get started. We can sit down and discuss your case and help you understand your legal options moving forward.
If you or a loved one has been in an accident, it’s time to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.