Seemingly safe products can end up harming people, yet we may not see the negative effects until years after the products come to market. The diet drug pill Fen-Phen harmed thousands of people by causing heart and lung damage to unsuspecting consumers. Roundup®, a weed killer found in garages up and down the streets of America, was found to cause cancer, and long-term use of talcum powder was linked to ovarian cancer due to asbestos contamination.
If you believe you or a loved one has been injured by a defective drug or medical device, or any other dangerous product, contact our Washington, D.C., mass torts lawyers for a free consultation. Our Washington DC personal injury attorneys guide you through the legal options you may follow in pursuit of a full and fair compensation settlement or judgment.
How Mass Tort Compensation Works
Compensation in a mass tort case is similar to any other personal injury case. Depending on your losses, you may receive damages for:
- Current medical expenses and estimated long-term costs
- Current and future lost income
- Property damage, if applicable
- Current and future pain and suffering
This is a basic list of damages. Our mass tort attorneys will discuss with you the specifics of your case and your individual losses to help you develop an accurate compensation claim.
The amount you may expect depends on several factors, such as:
- The seriousness of your injury
- The evidence supporting your claim
- Your age and earnings potential
- Factors restricted to mass tort cases versus individual personal injury cases, as our attorneys will explain when preparing your case
For a free legal consultation with a mass torts lawyer call,
Jenner Law’s Decades of Representation in Mass Tort Cases
Our mass tort attorneys have fought for the rights of injured individuals in Washington, D.C., and nationwide for nearly four decades. We’ve represented those harmed by defective drugs and other products, including but not limited to:
- Exactech hip liner
- Smith & Nephew hip prosthesis
- Excess overdraft fees
- Environmental pollution and other disasters
Although each claim is unique, our participation in mass tort cases has produced positive results for many, such as:
- $200,000,000 settlement for those who received contaminated steroid injections, resulting in fungal meningitis
- $52,000,000 settlement for those whose shoulder joints were wrecked from the use of defective infusion pumps
- $50,000,000 settlement for feet damaged by defective toning shoes
- $250,000,000 settlement for those injured by defective dialysis equipment
Call or complete an online form to set a time to meet with our mass tort attorneys for a free case consultation. After we hear your story, we’ll be able to determine if yours is a mass tort case or if you would be better served by our personal injury attorneys.
The Work of a Mass Tort Attorney
Because mass torts are made up of individual lawsuits, a mass tort attorney’s initial approach is similar to that taken in a personal injury lawsuit—investigation—and expands into the requirements of a mass tort. Each case presents its own needs, but in general:
- Investigate the product and every step of its development, including all components used in creating the product
- Confirm causality between the defective product and the plaintiff’s injury with the assistance of product and medical experts
- Search for others impacted by the defective product who may wish to join the mass tort
- Consider whether it is prudent to consolidate individual cases into mass tort
- Prepare for trial
- Negotiate for a compensation settlement
- Represent clients at trial seeking a compensation verdict
- Manage and disburse settlement funds
Mass tort cases are incredibly complex. It’s important to work with attorneys who are experienced in this type of representation and capable of taking on the detailed work such cases require.
Because these are complicated cases, you should be aware that it may take extra time to find a fair resolution. Our mass tort attorneys will talk about timelines with you during the discussion of your case.
Common Categories of Mass Tort Cases
Any defect in a product may cause harm to masses of consumers, but there are common types of mass tort cases, including but not limited to:
- Drugs and medical devices with harmful side effects
- Large catastrophic events, such as a train derailment or gas explosion
- Product defects, like an airbag that can explode when deployed
- Toxic contaminations in food
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Washington, D.C., Mass Torts Lawyer Today
Access your free case evaluation today. If we proceed with your case, we will collect no fees until we win your case for you. It can seem overwhelming to face down a large corporation when fighting for your rights, but our attorneys can fight without pause for the justice you deserve.