When we think of dangerous drugs, we imagine “the hard stuff,” like opiods and heroin. We seldom imagine that a medication at a local drugstore could cause serious injuries. Yet, each year, countless people suffer life-altering conditions resulting from dangerous or defective drugs, or from the failure of the manufacturer to warn against serious side effects.
If you or a loved one developed adverse health conditions from a drug, whether prescribed or over the counter, you may have financial recovery options. At Jenner Law, we believe the at-fault party should pay for your medical bills and pain and suffering—not you. A Virginia personal injury lawyer from our firm can take your dangerous drug case and pursue fair compensation.
Call now to start your complimentary consultation and learn more about our Virginia dangerous drug lawyer.
You Pay Nothing to Partner With Our Dangerous Drug Attorneys
You’re already dealing with unexpected healthcare expenses and missed time from work. You don’t want to add retainers, hourly rates, and attorney’s fees to your growing list of financial obligations. So, Jenner Law offers help on a contingency-fee basis––meaning our clients never pay out of pocket for our legal representation.
We draw our fees from your awarded settlement. You pay nothing unless we recover on your behalf, by either settlement or jury verdict.
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous drugs lawyer call,
What Serves as the Groundwork for a Dangerous Drug Claim or Lawsuit?
Our team has decades of combined experience holding drug manufacturers and distributors accountable for clients’ injuries. But what constitutes a personal injury claim or lawsuit in this situation? We advocate for people who:
- Took medication as prescribed
- The package insert had warnings for a specific side effect that were missing or insufficient
- Developed adverse health conditions
- Have damages arising from the drug’s usage
Your case would allege that because you took a medication, the warning was insufficient, and you suffered life-altering side effects and deserve compensation. Proving a dangerous drug case is harder than it seems, however. Yet, our Virginia injury team can gather evidence, calculate your losses, and build a compelling case on your behalf. You don’t have to focus on anything other than healing. We take on the entirety of your legal matters.
Claimants Have Sought Damages After Taking These Medications
In recent years, claimants have filed lawsuits against the makers of these popular drugs:
This is not an exhaustive list. What’s more, many drugs with the potential for harm are still on today’s market. While the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) may order a recall, this could take place after a drug has been on the market for decades.
The Virginia dangerous drug lawyers at Jenner Law are eager to learn your story and set your personal injury case in motion. The sooner you connect with our team, the sooner you can get peace of mind.
How You Benefit from Hiring Our Virginia Dangerous Drug Lawyers
When you entrust your dangerous drug case to Jenner Law, you can expect to receive comprehensive legal services. To build the strongest possible claim or lawsuit, we:
- Gather supporting evidence. We handle your case’s investigation, using your medical records, testimony from healthcare providers, and the drug in question to build your case.
- Identify your injury-related losses. Do you know what constitutes a fair settlement? After understanding the effects of the drug on your life, our team will determine how much money you’re owed. We use receipts, invoices, and your personal testimony to arrive at a fair settlement value.
- Litigate your case. It’s rare that personal injury cases make it to a jury trial. Still, if suing the at-fault party means recovering compensation, we’re prepared to advocate for you through the civil justice system.
- Inform you of the statute of limitations. Per Code of Virginia § 8.01-243, you generally only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. We can ensure you’re aware of all the deadlines that apply to your case.
Your Attorney Intends to Recover Fair Compensation for Your Losses
Financial recovery accomplishes many things. Firstly, it holds the liable party accountable for their negligence. It also offers the compensation you need to account for losses like:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery, and treatment
- Lost income, along with tips, bonuses, and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- The cost of anything you spent out of pocket
This is not an exhaustive list of damages. How much you can recover is unique to your situation, including the severity of your injuries and your quality of life.
Our Virginia Dangerous Drug Lawyers Advocate for Grieving Families
Accidental overdoses, adverse side effects, and unlisted ingredients can all lead to fatal injuries. You have more than our condolences in the aftermath of a loved one’s passing; you have our legal support. A wrongful death lawyer from our firm can pursue financial recovery for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- End-of-life care costs, such as hospice
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Survivors’ pain and suffering
We want nothing more than to secure financial recovery for your family in the aftermath of a loved one’s passing. Throughout our partnership, we keep you updated on your case’s outcome, all while giving you the space needed to heal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Jenner Law’s Dangerous Drug Lawyers Have Recovered Millions of Dollars
In just the past few years, we’ve secured favorable outcomes for victims of dangerous drugs and their families. We don’t back down from pharmaceutical companies and their aggressive lawyers; fighting for fair compensation is second nature to our team.
Some of our previous case results involving dangerous drugs include:
- We co-managed a mass tort against the New England Compounding Center. The organization distributed contaminated steroid injections that led to an outbreak of fungal meningitis. We were part of the team that secured a $200 million through a negotiated settlement.
- We represented a group of clients who suffered kidney and muscle-wasting injuries from Baycol. We secured $39 million for their losses.
- We represented another group of clients who suffered liver injuries after using Rezulin, an oral drug used to treat diabetes. The result? $27 million.
We’re ready to extend legal help whether you or multiple people suffered injuries from a dangerous drug that had inadequate warnings.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Virginia Dangerous Drug Attorneys
Jenner Law stands ready to manage your case and everything that goes into recovering fair compensation. Learning your options starts with a free, no-obligation case review. Call now to get started.