At Jenner Law, we value client trust. In everything we do, from our first phone call to our presentation to the jury, our clients’ best interests are our priority. We recognize that clients often come to us relaying devastating betrayals of trust. We take that seriously.
Elisha N. Hawk became a partner with Jenner Law, P.C. in 2023, focusing her practice on advocating for people and families who have been injured by the abuse and neglect of others. Her practice focuses on cases involving personal injury, mass torts, therapy abuse, clergy abuse, and nursing home abuse and neglect.
Elisha started her career as an associate working under Jenner Law, P.C.’s founding partner, Rob Jenner, where she represented people who had been harmed by dangerous drugs and devices. She gained significant experience handling pharmaceutical and defective medical device cases under Rob’s mentorship. Following her work on the mass tort pain pump and Lipitor litigations, she went on to try medical malpractice and nursing home cases. Over the course of her more than 15 years in practice, she has proven to be a zealous advocate for her clients, both inside and out of the courtroom. She values client trust and strives always to achieve the best results for her clients, above and beyond anything else. She is a fierce advocate for those who have had their trust betrayed, whether by a nursing home, a health care provider, a member of the clergy, or anyone who would abuse their power.
Prior to earning her law degree, Elisha completed a Master of Liberal Arts program at Johns Hopkins University. She also taught middle school English for eleven years in the Baltimore area. Elisha graduated from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, with a certificate in Health Law.
Elisha has been recognized for her accomplishments in the legal community by numerous outlets. When the multidistrict litigation related to contaminated steroids from New England Compounding Pharmacy was created, Elisha was selected to be the state chair for cases in Maryland. In 2014, she was honored as a “leading woman” by the Maryland Daily Record. She also shares her legal knowledge by authoring articles in various publications including the Maryland Association for Justice’s Trial Reporter and the Maryland Daily Record. In addition, Elisha was selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star list for years 2013 – 2018, Super Lawyers for years 2020 – 2023, and Best Lawyers in the area of Personal Injury Litigation for 2024.
Along with her law practice, Ms. Hawk is an active member of Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ) and the Maryland Association for Justice Foundation. She served as President of MAJ from 2017 – 2018, and she remains active in the organization. Prior to leading the organization as its President, she served as Section Chair for New Lawyers. The New Lawyers Section was voted Section of the Year two years in a row under her leadership from 2013-2015. Following her presidency, she led the Nursing Home litigation group from 2020-2021.
Outside of work, Elisha enjoys spending time with her family, including her husband, four teenage children, and of course the family’s pets, including two dogs and a cat.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Mass Torts
- Defective Drugs and Devices
- Therapy Abuse
- Clergy Abuse
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2008
- Health Law Certificate
- Johns Hopkins University, Master of Liberal Arts, 2003
- Hood College, Bachelor of Arts, 1996
- Ionic Society
- Maryland, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2010
- Minnesota, 2010
Litigation Leadership Positions
- State Chair, NECC Steroid Litigation (2013)
- Maryland Association for Justice, Past President
- Maryland Association for Justice Foundation, Past President
- Maryland Association for Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group, Past Chair
- Best Lawyers 2024 – presented for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013 – 2018
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2020 – 2023
- FDA to Issue Game Changing Rule in Defective Drug Cases Involving Generics, Trial Reporter, Journal of Maryland Association for Justice, Inc., Special Issue 2016 · Mar 1, 2016
- Supreme Court Decision Effects: Generic Drug Claims PLIVA, Inc. v. Mensing and Mutual Pharmacy Co., Inc. v. Bartlett, Trial Reporter, Journal of the Maryland Association of Justice, Inc., Special Issue 2014 · Jan 1, 2014
- LinkedIn Endorsements: A Question of Legal Ethics?, Trial Reporter, Journal of Maryland Association for Justice, Inc., Winter 2014
LegalTECH: Your Clients and the Danger of Social Media, Trial Reporter, Journal of Maryland Association for Justice, Inc., Winter 2012.