It is important to retain an attorney who has experience in therapist abuse cases if a trusted therapist violated you or a loved one. When a therapist takes advantage of you during your most vulnerable time, the therapist needs to be held legally accountable for his or her harmful actions.
An attorney who has significant experience in therapist abuse cases will listen to what happened and become your personal advocate. They will handle your case with compassion while pursuing the compensation you deserve for the trauma you have been through. It takes a personal injury lawyer who consistently works with victims of therapy abuse to know the ins and outs of the litigation.
Why Attorneys With Experience in Therapist Abuse Should Lead Your Case
An attorney’s familiarity with handling therapist abuse cases may:
- Allow them to identify liable parties as quickly as possible: Because they have handled many therapist abuse cases before, the attorney may know who tends to be liable in cases like yours. Though each case is unique, your lawyer will know how to determine who to hold accountable in your case.
- Prepare victims for the unique challenges that a therapist abuse case may pose: Certain case types present unique challenges. In a therapist abuse case, obtaining records from a therapist may be one specific challenge. An attorney with experience in therapist abuse cases knows how to overcome these challenges and begin building a strong case.
- Have relationships with experts in the field of therapist abuse: Experts can be a significant asset to any case. Your lawyer may have existing connections with experts in the field of therapist abuse. These experts may provide testimony or other services that significantly improve your case.
- Become your personal legal advocate: Typically, victims do not want to personally confront their abuser. You want an attorney who will become your personal legal advocate and stand up to the therapist who hurt you or a family member.
At Jenner Law, our therapist abuse lawyers will fight for you. Partner Katie Kerner leads the Therapist Abuse practice at our firm and will lend a sympathetic ear while taking on the therapist who violated your rights.
What Are the Risks If I Choose an Attorney Without Relevant Experience?
A victim of therapist abuse might inadvertently choose an inexperienced lawyer. This could jeopardize your case. At this time, you need a compassionate attorney who can provide personalized client care.
A law firm that does not have significant experience in therapist abuse cases might:
- Not be familiar with the limitations of insurance and reservations of rights for sexual assault provisions
- Be caught off-guard by the challenges that a therapist abuse case poses
- Take more time than necessary when seeking evidence for your case, which may limit the type of evidence they are able to secure
- Fail to prioritize your case, as the firm’s focus may be on other case types
- Be unsure of how to accurately calculate damages due to therapist abuse
- Fail to put forth the strongest possible case for you
Therapist abuse is a serious violation of your rights. You deserve a law firm that takes therapist abuse cases seriously and will fight for fair compensation for your pain and suffering.
For a free legal consultation, call,
What a Therapist Abuse Attorney Will Do for You
A therapist abuse attorney from our firm will handle your case with compassion for the trauma you’ve suffered. We have advocated for clients who have:
- Suffered sexual abuse by a therapist, which the American Psychological Association (APA) describes as a highly damaging form of abuse
- Experienced emotional or psychological mistreatment by a therapist
- Suffered gaslighting, manipulation, sexual innuendo, and other forms of verbal abuse by a therapist
Every form of therapist misconduct is unacceptable. Many forms of therapist misconduct qualify as abuse. We will review your case and explain your legal options. If you choose to pursue legal action, our team will:
Identify and Document Your Damages
Victims of therapist abuse may suffer damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income, as the trauma caused by the abuse may prevent you from performing your normal work duties
- Counseling for depression, anxiety, or insomnia the therapist abuse has caused you
- Medication costs
- Medical expenses in cases where the therapist commits physical abuse
You may have other abuse-related losses, and our team will identify them. We’ll also gather all available documentation to show the full extent of your damages.
Seek Evidence of Therapist Abuse
We will gather any evidence relevant to your therapist abuse claim, including:
- Witness accounts of your abuse
- Recovering social media evidence, including text messages and emails
- Testimony from doctors and other experts
- Photographs and medical records for any physical injuries you suffered
- Testimony by other therapists about the harm you’ve experienced
- Any other evidence that indicates therapist misconduct
We will protect all evidence throughout the legal process.
Determine Liability for Your Damages
While an abusive therapist may be liable for your damages, other parties may also be liable. We’ll determine if the therapist’s employer, partners, or any other party share liability for your damages.
Fight for Your Financial Recovery
Our team will negotiate relentlessly for your due compensation. We’ll consider every option we have for seeking a financial recovery, including going to trial if necessary and holding the liable therapist accountable in court.
Call Jenner Law Today for a Free Consultation About Your Therapist Abuse Case
Therapist abuse is an inexcusable violation of your trust. You deserve justice, and the team at Jenner Law will work to hold the at-fault therapist responsible.
Call Jenner Law today for your free and confidential consultation. It is important you retain an attorney with significant experience in therapist abuse cases.