If a therapist took advantage of your vulnerability and trust by engaging in inappropriate, sexual, or intimate acts, this could constitute abuse. A therapist must follow a strict ethical code that avoids exploiting or abusing their patients in any way. If you required additional mental health care or suffered emotional distress resulting from such misconduct, you may have a therapist abuse case.
A personal injury lawyer from Jenner Law, working with a licensed personal injury lawyer in Arizona, can navigate the legal process and hold the therapist legally accountable. We fight for our clients’ best interests, including recovering compensation from exploitative mental health care providers. Learn more during a free initial consultation with our team.
How Will a Jenner Law Therapist Abuse Lawyer Approach My Arizona Case?
At Jenner Law, our team fights to recover compensation for our clients who suffered serious physical injuries or psychological damages. We have over three and a half decades of experience helping those who experienced extreme emotional distress get the money they need to continue healing. If you hire us, we will fight for fair compensation and advocate for your best interests.
Our team operates on a contingency-fee basis. In this arrangement, we only get paid when our clients do––and this flexibility allows us to start working on your case without charging anything out of pocket. Compensation for our attorney’s fees comes from the compensation we secure on your behalf, whether through a settlement or court award.
Contact us today to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a therapist abuse lawyer call,
How Will an Arizona Therapist Abuse Attorney Help With My Case?
When you hire a therapist abuse lawyer from Jenner Law, they manage your case from start to finish. Our law firm handles all case-related communications, provides you with regular case updates, protects your rights, and fights for fair compensation. With our legal team on your side, you should expect:
- Strict confidentiality and discreet handling of the case
- Conversations about how the case will proceed and what to expect
- A compassionate, safe space to share details about what happened and the long-term effects
- A careful investigation and gathering of evidence (as explained shortly)
While we may need to file a therapist abuse lawsuit and prepare the case for court, taking a case to trial is rare. Most of these cases are won through a negotiated settlement with the therapist and/or their insurance carrier. Whatever route your case takes, you can rest assured that we’re on your side.
We Gather the Evidence Needed to Supplement Your Therapy Abuse Case
When our therapist abuse lawyer represents a client in Arizona, we must gather evidence to build a compelling argument for financial recovery. This is the most important step in the process of recovering fair compensation. We will conduct a discreet investigation and gather evidence that could include:
- The client’s deposition, a statement recorded under oath
- Texts, emails, call logs, and other communication about the relationship
- Other evidence of an intimate relationship, such as photos, receipts, and gifts
- Eyewitness statements from others
- Relevant treatment records, such as those documenting frequent or extended sessions
- Evidence showing your damages
We may find and use other information to supplement your case than the items listed here.
Our Arizona Therapist Abuse Attorney Will Pursue Damages in Your Case
Therapists have a strict ethical code they are supposed to follow to protect their patients’ health, their reputations, and their practice. When they cross professional boundaries, often by failing to manage transference (the transfer of the patient’s feelings onto the therapist) the patients affected often endure additional pain and suffering. They also lose trust in practitioners working in mental health care, making it more difficult to get the therapy they need. This could result in lasting psychological injuries.
Our team takes the time to assess your situation and determine what constitutes fair compensation in your case. Financial recovery could comprise these (and other) damages:
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Any required medical care for physical injuries
- Ongoing therapy and support for psychological healing
- Lost income for work missed due to the abuse and mental anguish
- Miscellaneous expenses with receipts
We’ve Recovered Millions for Survivors of Therapy Abuse
You want a law firm that knows the ins and outs of recovering compensation in therapist abuse cases. Check out some of our previous case results:
- A therapist violated professional boundaries with our client by initiating a sexual relationship. We secured a $1 million award on her behalf.
- Our client was “befriended” by her therapist, who then asked her to move across the country to complete household chores to pay off her counseling bills. With our help, our client recovered $800,000.
- A therapist in New Hampshire failed to uphold their field’s standard of care by violating professional boundaries with their patient. Jenner Law recovered $450,000 for our client’s pain and suffering.
The outcomes of these cases may not reflect your own. Yet, we believe they go a long way in instilling confidence in our legal skills.
What Is the Average Arizona Therapist Abuse Settlement?
The damages in a therapist abuse case depend on how the abuse occurred and how it affected the patient. Our personal injury lawyers, working with licensed personal injury lawyers in Arizona, investigate what happened and the expenses and losses our client incurred as a result. We use the documentation of these damages to seek and secure a fair payout.
Often, those hurt by therapist abuse suffer primarily from emotional distress. They endure psychological pain and suffering, even when there are no physical injuries present. That makes these cases unique and somewhat difficult to document. An therapist abuse attorney from Jenner Law, working with an Arizona personal injury lawyer, can help you build a compelling case for fair compensation by showing how immensely the abuse affected your life.
Discuss Your Arizona Therapist Abuse Case With Our Legal Team for Free
Jenner Law provides confidential legal consultations for those hurt by an abusive therapist or another mental health care provider in Arizona. We have someone standing by to discuss your options and next steps with you today.
Contact us to talk to our team about your Arizona therapist abuse case.