If you are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse at Calvert Hall College High School, you do not have to go through holding parties accountable for what happened to you alone. Jenner Law’s clergy sexual abuse attorneys advocate for people abused by clergy and employees of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Law enforcement officials have investigated allegations of child sexual abuse within the Archdiocese. Survivors can now sue for damages related to the abuse they suffered. Our law firm helps survivors file civil lawsuits to seek justice and hold the abusers and all other liable parties financially responsible for their actions.
What You Can Expect When Jenner Law Handles Your Calvert Hall College High Abuse Case
We understand that abuse is a sensitive matter. We promise to deliver the following to our clients:
- Your legal team has the experience it takes to handle clergy sexual abuse cases and fight for you to receive justice. We will not back down when the defendants try to deny or minimize what happened to you.
- You will receive personalized legal help from our firm. Every abuse case is unique. We do not use a cookie-cutter approach to these cases. We understand your case’s outcome will affect you more than anyone else, so we will handle it how you want.
- You will not have to pay upfront legal fees to get our help on your childhood sexual abuse case. Everyone should be able to obtain justice for abuse, so we only get paid when you win in court or reach a settlement.
- We respect your well-being and protect your privacy. We will work with you to hold the liable parties accountable while safeguarding your right to have as much or as little involvement in the legal process as you wish.
Our personal injury lawyers have recovered massive verdicts and settlements for our clients. Every case is different, but we guarantee that we will fight for the best possible outcome in your situation.
We know that winning cases is about more than financial compensation. We know you want to be heard, to have someone say what happened to you was wrong and hold the abusers and liable parties accountable for their actions. We want to help.
The Legal Process for Financial Recovery in a Clergy Sexual Abuse Case
Our Baltimore clergy sexual abuse attorneys use a three-step process in handling clergy sexual abuse cases, including those involving Calvert Hall College High.
- We investigate to find out exactly what happened so we can identify every party responsible for your abuse at Calvert Hall. Individual priests or other employees could be liable. Also, the church and school could be liable for failing to protect the minors in their care, allowing the abuse to continue, and failing to report the crimes to law enforcement.
- We document your damages by working with experts in medicine, mental health, and other appropriate fields to substantiate the harm you experienced.
- We go after the liable parties and demand they pay your compensation. We will handle the negotiations on your behalf. If we cannot settle your case, our trial lawyers can take it to trial.
Because every case is unique, we will take additional steps in the legal process and tailor the legal process to your case’s needs.
Recoverable Damages in Clergy Sexual Abuse Cases Involving Calvert Hall College High
Sexual abuse survivors who attended Calvert Hall College High can suffer various types of damages.
Childhood sexual abuse can cause physical pain and suffering, which is compensable. Your attorney can also demand damages for any healthcare costs you incurred because of the abuse.
The personal injury team at Jenner Law understands that childhood sexual abuse by clergy members and others can affect survivors for a lifetime. We can help you fight to recover damages for mental health treatment.
Report Reveals Sexual Abuse Allegations Linked to the Archdiocese of Baltimore
The Maryland Attorney General’s Office investigated the Archdiocese of Baltimore and released its report on child sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in April 2023.
This 463-page official report reveals allegations of sexual misconduct within the Archdiocese dating back to the 1940s and lists 156 accused abusers among its clergy, deacons, seminarians, and employees. The report also documents “a history of repeated dismissal or cover up of that abuse by the Catholic Church hierarchy.”
The Cover-Up by the Catholic Church Hierarchy
Abusers were able to get away with their sexual misconduct for decades because church officials showed more concern for the abusers than for abused children. Often, the children’s allegations were challenged or ignored.
When the church took action, it merely transferred the accused priest to another parish without warning parishioners of the priest’s history. The widespread cover-up by the church allowed the sexual abuse to continue, resulting in more and more children being abused instead of priests facing justice through the courts for their crimes.
Jenner Law Can Help You Seek Justice for Childhood Sexual Abuse at Calvert Hall College High
Calvert Hall College, a boys’ high school in the Baltimore area, employed at least one accused abuser during the 1960s and 1970s and possibly more abusers. Father Laurence Brett is in the Maryland Attorney General Office’s report and listed as having abused over 20 boys at Calvert Hall starting in 1964.
Whether the childhood sexual abuse you endured at Calvert Hall College High involved Father Brett or someone else, they should be held accountable for what they did. Jenner Law will advocate for your right to hold those who harmed you responsible and support your case for recovery. You can reach out to us for a free consultation. Call us today to get started.