How much your personal injury case is worth depends on the details of your case. Each case is unique, so a personal injury lawyer from our firm can look at the details of the accident and the damages you suffered to determine the value of your case.
If you are ready to pursue a personal injury case of your own, talking to an attorney is a great way to figure out how much your case is worth. A lawyer can take the unique circumstances of your case into account and help you fight for an offer that adequately compensates you and your family for what you have experienced.
Factors that Affect the Value of Your Personal Injury Case
The value of your case can depend on a few different factors. Your settlement in a personal injury case should help compensate you for losses such as:
- Medical bills
- The cost of your future medical care
- Any income you lost due to your injuries
- A loss of future earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
- Current and future pain and suffering
The value of any case will vary quite a bit depending on how much harm was caused and what kinds of costs the survivors of an accident are facing.
Our attorney can look at the unique circumstances of your case and help you learn more about its potential worth.
For a free legal consultation, call,
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You Build Your Case
An attorney can take a few steps to help you figure out how much your personal injury case is worth. Your lawyer will:
- Gather evidence: Your attorney can look at evidence like police reports and talk to eyewitnesses. If there is a clear negligent party that caused your injury, that can make it easier to pursue compensation.
- Talk to medical experts about your prognosis: If your injuries are going to require you to seek medical care in the future, that means that you will require even more compensation to pay for these costs. Your lawyer can talk to medical experts and get a better idea of your care needs, and that can help them figure out the value of your case.
- Hold liable parties accountable: Your attorney will also do their best to identify all liable parties in your personal injury case. In some situations, there are multiple parties to hold accountable, and that could increase the value of your case. A truck accident, where a driver, a truck owner, and a cargo owner could all potentially be contributors to an accident is one such example.
- Speak to insurers on your behalf: After the accident, you may receive a call from the liable party’s insurance company. You are not required to give them a statement. Anything you say can be used out of context, so it’s best to pass insurance communications off to your attorney. We will be prepared to negotiate a fair settlement with insurers, as well.
An Initial Settlement Offer Might Not Reflect the Total Value of Your Personal Injury Case
In some cases, you may receive a settlement offer after you or a family member have suffered injuries in an accident. This offer might not reflect the total value of your case. The insurer is trying to get out of this situation for as little money as they possibly can, and most initial settlement offers will not reflect the full cost of your losses.
Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company to pursue a fair settlement. If one cannot be reached, you may decide to file a lawsuit against the liable party. This would allow you to seek the full range of your damages.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What You Should do After Your Personal Injury Accident
To protect the potential value of your case, you should take the following steps after an accident:
- Continue getting any medical care that you need
- Keep any medical bills and records relating to your injuries, as these can help your legal team calculate the value of your case
- Avoid speaking to insurance companies and other parties involved in the case in a way that could incriminate you
- Gather the contact information of witnesses to the accident, but don’t discuss details of the crash
Taking these steps can help you get started on building a solid personal injury case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Jenner Law for a Free Consultation Today
If you want to know how much your personal injury case is worth, our firm is here to help you. When you contact Jenner Law, we can offer a free case consultation that can tell you more about the value of your case.
Contact us today to get started.