Personal injury law covers cases concerning injuries to someone’s body, reputation, or mental well-being. In personal injury cases, a plaintiff often pursues compensation, suing the people or parties that they believe caused them harm.
If you plan to file a case against a liable party, our personal injury lawyer can help you. We will handle all the necessary legal tasks and help you pursue the compensation you need.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Some people choose to pursue a personal injury case with the help of an attorney. A personal injury lawyer from our firm can:
- Gather evidence: Our personal injury attorney will use police reports, surveillance footage, and witness statements to help you fight for fair compensation.
- Talk to witnesses: The lawyer handling your personal injury case will talk to witnesses who saw the accident. If someone else’s testimony can help you in your case, your attorney will use it.
- Communicate on your behalf: You have enough on your plate, so let your lawyer communicate with insurance companies, lawyers, and other involved parties on your behalf.
- Determine fair compensation: Your personal injury lawyer can take the unique facts of your case into account and figure out how much compensation you and your family deserve. They can field offers and tell you whether or not they think a settlement is adequate.
- Argue your case in court, if necessary: Many personal injury cases settle outside of court, but your lawyer will also build a case that can be presented in front of a judge and jury.
- Determine the liable party: Your lawyer will investigate your case to determine liability. This is an important step in a personal injury case, as we cannot pursue compensation until we know who is at fault for causing your accident.
For a free legal consultation, call,
Personal Injury Compensation and What It Can Cover
Compensation can help make up for some of the accident-related losses you suffered, including your economic and non-economic losses. Recoverable damages in personal injury cases often include:
- Medical bills: An accident can result in serious injuries, and that often means costly medical bills. A fair compensation offer pays for your medical costs, including hospital stays, prescription medications, or therapy.
- Lost income: If your injuries or trauma keep you out of work for an extended period of time, those missed paychecks can quickly begin to cause financial stress for your family. Compensation can help make up for the income that you missed out on.
- Loss of life enjoyment: Your ability to enjoy your life going forward may be impacted by your injuries. If you are no longer able to enjoy sports, activities, or hobbies you once loved after an accident, your compensation should address that.
- Physical pain and suffering: The physical anguish your injuries cause is compensable. Your lawyer will include this in your demand for damages.
How the Value of a Personal Injury Case Is Determined
The value of your case depends on the details of your personal injury accident. Some of the details we will consider when determining the amount of compensation you should pursue include:
- Injuries suffered: Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may need expensive treatment and ongoing medical care. We will consider your prognosis and listen to what your doctors say before determining how much compensation you should pursue for your medical bills.
- A loved one’s economic contribution to the household: If your loved one was injured in an accident and is no longer able to work, their economic contribution to your household could affect the value of your case. If they were the primary contributor, that means that you may need to pursue compensation that makes up for their time away from work.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Many types of accidents can result in a personal injury case. Cases can arise from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Therapist abuse
- Workplace accidents
- Product defects
- Nursing home abuse
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in one of these scenarios, you may be eligible to pursue a case of your own and seek out compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Receive a Free Personal Injury Consultation With Jenner Law
If you are ready to pursue a personal injury case of your own, you do not have to go it alone. Receive a free case consultation from Jenner Law today. There is no obligation when you call, just the chance to learn more about your legal options.
We are ready to answer all of your legal questions. Call us today to get started.
Call or text (888) 585-2188 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form