Baltimore’s a high-traffic area, with the streets packed with commercial trucks, passenger cars, pedestrians, and everything else in between. Still, everyone has an obligation to drive safely and prevent harm from befalling others. Sadly, cargo truck companies, operators, and loaders don’t always uphold this obligation.
If you suffered a collision with a cargo truck, a Baltimore truck accident lawyer from Jenner Law can pursue maximum compensation for your losses. Exploring your options and next steps begins with a free case review with our team.
A Baltimore Cargo Truck Accident Attorney Handles Your Case
Your attorney will handle the legal duties required to establish who owes you compensation. Throughout our partnership, you can expect us to serve you in many ways, including:
- Providing you with a no-obligation consultation and explaining your legal options
- Keeping you updated on important developments
- Thoroughly investigating the details of your case
- Collecting evidence from the scene, such as photos or surveillance video, if available
- Gathering vital documents, such as police reports, your medical records, and the cargo truck driver’s work logs
- Talking to eyewitnesses and obtaining statements
- Obtaining information from the truck’s electronic logging device
- Researching and applying state and federal trucking laws to your case
- Identifying and calculating the value of your economic and non-economic losses
- Consulting with expert witnesses, such as health specialists and accident reconstructionists
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf and seeking a fair settlement
- Filing a lawsuit and taking your case to trial, if necessary
There are many other tasks that may be required of your attorney, depending on the details of your case. One fact remains: we will do everything possible to secure fair compensation for your motor vehicle accident.
It Costs You Nothing Out of Pocket to Hire Our Accident Firm
Jenner Law operates on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our attorney’s fees are contingent on your case’s success. You never pay a dime for our services upfront. A portion of your financial compensation goes toward our time and efforts. You can learn more about this arrangement during your initial consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a cargo truck accidents lawyer call,
What Damages Can You Recover From a Baltimore Cargo Truck Accident?
Your personal injury claim or lawsuit aims to recover compensation for your past, present, and future injury-related hardships. Your losses may comprise economic losses, which are expenses verified by evidence such as injury-related bills and income statements.
Types of damages may include:
- Medical care costs, such as emergency care, hospitalization, and doctors’ visits
- Lost wages and other employment-related benefits
- Property damage costs
- The cost of anything you spent out of pocket
- Loss of future earning capacity
You could also recover non-economic damages, which are subjective and not bound to a specific amount. Instead, these are determined by specific legal calculations and are intended to make the individual “whole.” Non-economic damages in your case could include payment for pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, permanent disability, and loss of quality of life.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Secure Damages for Grieving Families
If you lost a loved one in a Baltimore cargo truck accident, you can pursue a wrongful death claim. Financial compensation could account for:
- The decedent’s outstanding medical costs
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Loss of income
Common beneficiaries in Baltimore wrongful death cases include the person’s surviving spouse, children, and parents.
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Maryland Personal Injury Lawsuit
In our state, cargo truck accident cases are subject to a statute of limitations, which is three years. So, this means that the injured party has three years following the date of their injuries to bring a lawsuit against a potentially responsible party. For wrongful death lawsuits, certain family members also have three years to file from the date of their loved one’s passing.
If you don’t file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, you may be barred from seeking compensation for your losses in the future. For this reason and others, it’s important to consider prompt legal action and the benefit of hiring a lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Cargo Truck Collision Lawyers Learn the Cause of Your Accident
Most cargo truck accidents result from driver carelessness or negligence, such as failing to follow traffic laws or violating trucking regulations. In 2020, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reported that there were approximately 415,000 police-reported accidents involving large trucks. These consisted of 4,444 fatal crashes and 101,000 injury crashes.
In our years of service, we’ve found that some common causes of cargo truck accidents include:
- Inexperienced or unqualified drivers
- Driver drug or alcohol use
- Speeding or other traffic violations
- Driver distraction or fatigue
- Failing to assess road conditions
- Following too closely
- Illegal or erratic maneuvers
Drivers are not always the direct cause of cargo truck accidents. For example, cargo shippers or loaders can fail to secure freight, allowing it to shift and make it difficult for the trucker to drive. In other cases, the trucking company may be at fault for failing to properly maintain and repair its vehicles. Manufacturers may also be responsible for distributing defective truck parts or components that fail and cause an accident.
Regardless of the type of cargo truck involved in your accident or the cause(s) that contributed to it, the legal team at Jenner Law can handle your case and determine which laws apply to your unique circumstances.
Contact Our Baltimore Cargo Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Take it from here: our personal injury attorneys have a thorough understanding of cargo truck accident claims. We will protect your rights throughout every stage of the legal process. You can trust us to advocate for you and provide the support you want during this challenging time.
Contact us today to begin a free, no-obligation case review and learn more about your options for seeking justice for your severe injuries and losses.