You do not have to negotiate with the billion-dollar insurance company on your own to hold an at-fault truck driver or trucking company accountable for injuring you. A Baltimore semi-truck accident lawyer could handle your injury claim on your behalf, leaving you free to focus on healing.
A Baltimore truck accident lawyer from Jenner Law can guide your injury claim through the insurance claim process, work to negotiate a settlement with the negligent party, file a lawsuit, and, if appropriate, take your case to court and let the judge and jury decide on liability and compensation.
Recoverable Damages that a Baltimore Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Could Help You Pursue
Tractor-trailer crashes can cause devastating wounds that change a person’s life. A lot of money can be at stake in these cases, which means insurers have a financial motivation to defend against your claim aggressively.
A big rig collision lawyer in Baltimore could help you seek the monetary damages available in your case, which may include:
- Lost wages. When you cannot work while recuperating from your wounds, you might miss paychecks. Seeing the bills pile up because you cannot return to work yet is highly stressful. Your personal injury attorney in Baltimore can seek a recovery for this financial loss.
- Lost future wages. Severe injuries can make it impossible for you to earn as much money as before. You might have less strength or endurance, even after completing medical treatment. You might be limited in the job tasks you can perform. In this case, we can seek damages for lost earning capacity.
- Medical expenses. Bills from the ambulance, emergency room or trauma center, doctors, hospital, physical therapy, surgery, blood transfusions, x-rays, lab tests, prescription drugs, and other related medical expenses can be compensable in your personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Long-term care. After a catastrophic injury like spinal cord damage or traumatic brain injury, a semi-truck accident victim might need to move into a nursing home or another long-term care facility to get the daily assistance they need with medical treatments and personal care.
- Pain and suffering. You deserve compensation for the physical discomfort and emotional distress of getting injured in a large truck accident in Baltimore. Pain and suffering damages can include emotional distress, physical pain, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more.
- Wrongful death. If your close relative died in a Baltimore tractor-trailer collision, we can help you file a wrongful death claim that seeks financial compensation for your family.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer call,
How Much Time You Have to File a Lawsuit After Getting Injured in a Semi-Truck Crash in Baltimore
Maryland law only gives you three years to file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party, according to Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 5-101. The filing deadline, also called the statute of limitations, for a wrongful death lawsuit is also three years, per Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 3-904.
Some people lose their right to hold the at-fault party accountable because they do not understand that negotiating with the insurance company does not satisfy the statute of limitations. Only filing a lawsuit or settling your claim before the filing deadline will prevent losing your right to compensation after the deadline expires.
The Benefits of Working With a Baltimore Commercial Truck Accident Attorney on Your Injury Case
We can handle the essential tasks of your personal injury or wrongful death claim arising from a semi-truck crash in the Baltimore area, so you can devote your time and energy to your health and wellness. Every case is different, but here are some of the services our injury attorneys provide to our tractor-trailer collision clients:
- We will investigate the 18-wheeler accident and look for all possible defendants. Sometimes, we can file a claim or lawsuit against two or more defendants because their negligence combined to cause the collision.
- Your Baltimore semi-truck accident attorney will talk to you to get your perspective on what caused the accident. We will also discuss your injuries, medical treatments, and healing process. We care about how you are feeling and what the future holds for you.
- Our Baltimore personal injury team will collect the evidence you will need to present your injury claim to the insurance company or a judge and jury. Your medical bills can support your allegations about your wounds and their treatment costs. Your employer’s records can show the amount of your lost wages. The police report is also valuable evidence, as well as eyewitness testimony and security camera footage.
- After we gather the evidence of your losses and long-term impairment, we will calculate your economic and non-economic damages.
- We will send a demand letter to the defendant’s insurer, telling them why they should pay your injury claim and the amount you are seeking.
- Our personal injury law firm will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. We will also review all settlement documents before you sign them.
- If appropriate, we will file a lawsuit, but that does not mean we will stop negotiating for a fair settlement. Most personal injury cases settle without going to trial.
- If necessary, we will take your case to court and fight for your fair compensation.
We tailor our strategy to the facts and needs of each case.
Our Trucking Accident Lawyers Understand Semi-Truck Rules and Regulations
Owners and drivers of tractor-trailers and other commercial trucks have stricter laws to follow than people operating passenger vehicles. For example, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration governs how many hours truck drivers are allowed to drive between sleep or rest breaks.
These rules are crucial for the safety of everyone on the road. Violating regulations can create an unsafe situation that results in a collision. Our personal injury attorneys understand trucking regulations and can determine if a violation played a role in your motor vehicle accident. If so, we will identify the responsible party and demand fair compensation on your behalf.
Why You Will Not Have to Pay Your Baltimore Semi-Truck Wreck Attorney Any Upfront Legal Fees
A tractor-trailer collision case is a type of personal injury case. We handle these cases on a contingency-fee arrangement. This means you do not have to pay a deposit for your attorney fees.
You only pay at the end of the matter if you win a financial recovery. We will receive a portion of your settlement proceeds or court award. In other words, we are betting our paycheck on the strength of your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Help from a Baltimore Semi-Truck Crash Attorney
A Baltimore semi-truck accident lawyer from Jenner Law wants to help if you got hurt or a loved one died in a trucking accident. Contact us today for a free consultation.