You relied on your therapist to help you work through issues. Yet, instead of empowering you, they abused your trust by exploiting you. Now, you may wonder what legal recourse you have moving forward. Jenner Law offers its legal support.
A Nevada therapist sexual abuse lawyer from our firm can hold your abuser accountable for their actions. Financial recovery can account for your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses. You can share your story with us during a free case review. We want to support you through this traumatic period.
How Therapy Sexual Abuse Occurs
Clients are expected to be open and honest with their therapists. This creates a power imbalance between the two parties, as it puts the therapist in control of the session and the treatment process as a whole.
Sadly, this imbalance may lead to sexual abuse. As time progresses and sessions become more regular, clients may develop sexual or familial feelings for their therapist. This behavior is referred to as transference, which is not abnormal. Sometimes, as a response to this transference, the therapist may engage in countertransference and project their unresolved traumas onto their client.
Therapists have the tools and training to resolve this issue. However, they may forego their resources and exploit their client to control them emotionally, sexually, or financially. If you experienced such mistreatment, our therapist sexual abuse attorneys can help you seek justice.
For a free legal consultation with a therapist sexual abuse lawyer call,
How Our Lawyers Serve Survivors of Sexual Abuse in Nevada
Getting legal help may feel overwhelming. Jenner Law aims to make securing legal aid as simple as possible. Not only can you easily partner with our therapist sexual abuse lawyers, but we intend to manage your case by:
- Gathering statements from witnesses, such as other sexual abuse survivors
- Hiring experts to testify on your behalf
- Identifying parties who may have facilitated your abuse
- Identifying and calculating your losses
- Representing you at trial
We Determine Liability for Your Damages
You may be surprised to learn that multiple parties could bear liability for your losses. In addition to filing a claim against your therapist, other liable parties could include:
- The facility where you received therapy
- Other staff at the therapist’s office, such as techs
- Other healthcare providers
- A facility’s administrators
We Offer Legal Help to Sexual Abuse Survivors on a Contingency Basis
Many people are concerned about affording a lawyer. You don’t have to worry about that with our team. Jenner Law advocates for sexual abuse claimants on a contingency-fee basis.
In this arrangement, you don’t pay any upfront fees, hourly rates, or other costs. We finance your case’s consulting fees, filing costs, and other obligations. A percentage of your final settlement pays for our efforts. You also pay nothing if your case doesn’t succeed. We do this to alleviate your worries during this time.
Recoverable Damages in Your Nevada Therapist Sexual Abuse Case
We know that no amount of compensation can undo the trauma you experienced. However, financial recovery can bring the therapist to justice and offer coverage for certain losses. Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Relocation expenses
- Hospital bills and medical costs
- Ongoing mental health counseling and other treatment
We’ve recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages for sexual abuse survivors. In one case, our client came to us after suffering sexual abuse at the hands of their therapist. We secured $1 million for their losses. In another case, we secured $800,000 after a therapist forced our client into servitude. Our lawyers rely on their years of experience, compassion, and resources to secure outcomes for our clients.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Compensation in Nevada
Although pursuing a legal case may feel overwhelming, the sooner you get started on your case, the better. A lot of evidence in your case is time-sensitive. Without certain pieces of information, proving your case could be difficult. We encourage you to connect with our lawyers at your earliest convenience. That way, we can start building your case and protecting your right to damages.
Our Clients Know We Serve Their Best Interests
Here are some of our most recent client reviews and testimonials so you can get a better understanding of what it’s like to work with Jenner Law:
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!” – [Identity Hidden]
- “I had a great experience with Jenner Law, the communication during my settlement was excellent.” – [Identity Hidden]
- “Very satisfied with this law firm and specifically with Ms Katie Kerner. My questions were answered professionally and promptly.” – [Identity Hidden]
- “Very responsive and available whenever I had questions. Friendly and trustworthy. I always felt like I was in good hands with Jenner Law.” – [Identity Hidden]
- “I really appreciated the quality and timeliness of work that went into my case. I was so pleased that I hired Jenner Law to handle my lawsuit. All communication was handled professionally. I was always informed and phone calls were answered within hours. I recommend Rob to family and friends to anyone needing legal advice.” – [Identity Hidden]
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Resources for Sexual Abuse Survivors in Nevada
We want you to have all the resources you need to move forward with your life. In addition to offering our legal resources, we have compiled some resources that could promote your overall health. Some include:
- The National Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence has a list of local support groups and other resources on its website. It also has articles, videos, and other media to provide support.
- The National Sexual Violence Resource Center offers the contact information of specialized support groups, including sexual assault meetings for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- The Nevada Department of Human and Health Services lists some medical centers that treat survivors of sexual abuse.
Our law firm can connect you to other resources during our partnership.
Hire a Therapist Sexual Abuse Lawyer in Nevada for Legal Support Today
Sexual abuse by therapists is unconscionable. If your therapist hurt you, and you do not know where to turn for help, Jenner Law offers legal support. We can analyze your options and fight for the damages you need. Call us now to start your free, no-obligation case review.