As a survivor of therapist sexual abuse, you may be facing trauma, financial hardships, and other challenges. You deserve justice, and the team at Jenner Law stands ready to serve you.
Our firm’s experience prepares us to manage your case from start to finish. A South Carolina therapist sexual abuse lawyer from our team will seek fair compensation based on your damages. You can secure financial recovery for pain and suffering, medical expenses, and other damages resulting from your abuse. You’re not alone during this difficult period. We aim to provide comprehensive support.
Pinpointing When Therapist Abuse Begins
A therapist’s job is to support their client and create a space that helps them feel safe physically, emotionally, and psychologically. The vulnerability and openness that comes out of this experience could prompt the client to look at their therapist as a friend, close family member, or even a romantic partner. This transference of feelings could lead the therapist to countertransfer their own feelings and trauma onto their client.
Therapists and mental health counselors should be equipped to handle these situations, and many of them put these tools to good use right away. However, that’s not the case for everyone. A therapist might take the transference and countertransference as opportunities to exploit their client and assert power over them.
As a result, the therapist may cross physical and psychological boundaries, initiate sexual communication or contact, or encourage depending—all of which may lead to sexual abuse. If you suffered therapist sexual abuse, our attorneys can help you hold the liable party responsible.
For a free legal consultation with a therapist sexual abuse lawyer call,
Services We Provide Survivors of Therapist Abuse in South Carolina
Jenner Law wants our clients to recover as quickly as possible. We enable your recovery by handling the entire legal process, which generally includes:
Investigating Your Allegations
As uncomfortable as it will likely be, we need to know the details of what happened. To determine exactly what happened, we will:
- Record your testimony
- Speak with anyone who witnessed the abuse (or its effects)
- Secure supporting evidence
- Obtain any admissions of abuse or negligence by the therapist
- Hire experts who can corroborate your case
Our therapist abuse lawyers will also calculate your losses using medical records, proof of lost income, and other documents.
Negotiating a Settlement or Proceeding to Court
Once we prepare our case, we will enter settlement negotiations with the negligent therapist’s insurer. We hope to resolve your case through talks with the insurance company, but we have no problem heading to court.
Handling All Other Case-Related Responsibilities
Our clients don’t have to worry about anything except for their recovery. We will draft all case-related paperwork, deal with all involved parties, and manage every step of the legal process. We’ll update you as your case moves forward.
When you hire a lawyer from our team, you gain an advocate who will fight for your full financial recovery.
Why Survivors of Therapist Abuse in South Carolina Hire Jenner Law
Sexual abuse cases are very sensitive. You want a law firm that understands the delicate and complex nature of therapist sexual abuse cases. We know that:
- You deserve the utmost privacy when it comes to case-related matters.
- Sexual abuse inflicts great pain, and your potential financial recovery should reflect the trauma you have endured.
- Sexual abuse can affect a victim psychologically, emotionally, physically, and financially.
We have relentlessly advocated for survivors of sexual abuse for more than 30 years. In that time, we’ve helped countless survivors secure the compensation they needed to rebuild their lives. At Jenner Law, we do everything possible to get our clients the justice they deserve.
What to Expect as a Client of Jenner Law
Our sexual abuse lawyers remain by your side throughout the entire claims process. Our clients:
- Have easy access to their lawyer. Your phone calls won’t go unanswered when our team advocates for you. You can expect prompt responses to your messages and case-related updates when you want them.
- Don’t pay anything upfront or out of pocket. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which reduces your financial risk when partnering with us. We only request our attorney’s fees when your case successfully concludes.
- Feel assured working with us. You may feel betrayed after placing your trust in a therapist and then suffering harm. We offer compassion and support, so you feel confident that we’re advocating for your best interests.
Therapist abuse cases present several unique challenges, and we overcome those challenges for our clients.
We Take Our Attorney-Client Relationships Seriously
If you’re ever unsure about partnering with our team, we encourage you to check out our client testimonials. We often hear that clients appreciate our honesty, quality of service, and commitment. Here’s what one client shared after we resolved their therapist abuse case:
- “I spent about a year and a half as [Attorney] Katie Kerner’s client… My case was exceptionally sensitive, and she was so compassionate toward me, every step of the way, as she helped me get to a resolution in the case against my former therapist. I considered Katie part of my support circle, during a really difficult time – she’s a fantastic attorney, and she’s also simply one of the best people I’ve met.”
We put a lot of effort into building relationships with our clients. That way, you don’t feel like you’re working with a disinterested lawyer; instead, you’ll feel like you’ve teamed up with a long-time friend.
Click to contact our State Name Personal Injury Lawyers today
Your Recoverable Damages After Facing Therapist Sexual Abuse
Sexual abuse can affect both men and women in many ways. Clinical Psychology Review explains that survivors of sexual abuse face a higher risk for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), suicidal thoughts, and other significant problems. We believe those hardships should be reflected in your case’s value.
Compensable losses in your case may include:
- Treatment costs: You may have required medical attention for injuries resulting from the sexual abuse. You may also need compensation to treat psychological ailments. Jenner Law will seek compensation for all abuse-related treatment costs.
- Non-economic damages: Your sexual abuse may cause physical pain, emotional distress, PTSD, and other types of pain and suffering. We will seek appropriate compensation for these losses.
We know what constitutes a fair settlement for sexual assault survivors, as we’ve recovered millions for these claimants. In one case we managed, we recovered $1 million after our client suffered sexual abuse at the hands of their therapist. We hope to secure a fair amount for your claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult Our Sexual Abuse Lawyers Serving South Carolina
Your first consultation is free, and there are no obligations when you call. We may have a short time to file your case, so we encourage you to connect with us now.
A South Carolina therapist sexual abuse lawyer is one call away. Reach out to Jenner Law to begin.
Call or text (888) 585-2188 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form