If you or a loved one has suffered abuse by a clergy member in Maryland, our legal team at Jenner Law will fight for compensation on your behalf. You can trust us to help you hold the liable party accountable.
Our firm frequently handles sexual abuse cases, so we have experience helping survivors of abuse seek justice. A Maryland clergy sexual abuse lawyer from our team will file your case, negotiate for a settlement, and handle all the legal details your case requires.
What Damages Are Recoverable in a Clergy Sexual Abuse Case in Maryland?
Sexual abuse can affect all areas of a survivor’s life. Our Maryland sexual abuse lawyers will identify all damages resulting from your clergy sexual abuse, which may include:
- Emotional and psychological trauma: Abuse survivors may be more likely to suffer depression, anxiety, and resistance to treatment for mental health problems. We can help you recover compensation to pay for the treatment you need.
- Medical expenses: You may have bills from doctor’s appointments, medical testing, and travel to appointments. You could recover compensation to pay these expenses.
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain and suffering you endured may be compensable in your case.
We may argue that the psychological and emotional symptoms of your abuse have cost you income and reduced your quality of life, as well. We’ll include the cost of all your losses in your Maryland clergy sexual abuse lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a clergy sexual abuse lawyer call,
Services Jenner Law Will Provide for Your Maryland Clergy Sexual Abuse Case
A clergy sexual abuse lawyer from Jenner Law will handle all the legal tasks necessary in your case. By managing the legal process from start to finish, our team will:
- Ensure that you don’t have to relive the details of your abuse
- Protect you from interacting with individuals and institutions responsible for your abuse
- Allow you to continue focusing on your life without the distraction of a legal case
Duties we handle for sexual abuse survivors in Maryland include:
- Determination of liability: Whether your case involves the Catholic Church or another religious institution, we’ll identify all parties with liability for your damages.
- Documentation of the abuse: Your lawyer will secure any evidence that helps prove your abuse. This could include your own testimony, expert witness testimony, an abuser’s admission of abuse, or medical records.
- Documentation of any cover-up: If there is proof that an institution covered up your abuse, we’ll gather that evidence. For example, the Attorney General’s investigation into the Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore suggests that the church did not properly bring allegations of abuse to the public’s attention. The report, therefore, could be useful evidence in related sexual abuse cases.
- Calculation of your damages: Our team will calculate the cost of your economic and non-economic damages. If you’re suffering ongoing damages related to your abuse, we’ll project the cost of your future damages.
- Settlement negotiations: The experienced attorneys at Jenner Law will represent you in settlement negotiations.
- Representing you in court: If the liable party will not settle fairly outside of court, our team will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Sexual abuse by clergy members is inexcusable, and victims deserve a fair case outcome. The Jenner Law team will work tirelessly to hold an abuser and anyone who enabled their behavior accountable for their actions.
Why Is Jenner Law the Firm To Lead Your Case in Maryland?
The team at Jenner Law has always fought for justice for survivors of sexual abuse. Our team will advocate for you and provide you with a safe place to explain the details of your case. We have over three decades of experience working with abuse survivors and their families.
Our lawyers are:
- Familiar with the latest laws regarding sexual abuse cases
- Dedicated to our clients
You deserve a legal advocate, and the Jenner Law team wants to fight for you. We will give your case the personalized attention it deserves.
Client Testimonials for Jenner Law’s Sexual Abuse Legal Team
After working with Jenner Law, some of our former clients say:
- “I have received regular communications and updates, and now that the case is finally getting close to trial, Jenner Law has set up a private web page where clients like me can read frequent updates on the progress of the litigation. I love that I never have to wonder what’s happening with my case. On a couple of occasions, I have reached out with specific questions and have received prompt and intelligent replies.” – Identity Hidden
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!” – Identity Hidden
Client satisfaction is extremely important to us. We’ll go the extra mile for you, and you’ll know that Jenner Law has a personal investment in your case.
Who Is Liable for Clergy Sexual Abuse in Your Maryland Case?
Those liable for clergy sexual abuse may include:
- The clergy member who abused you
- The religious institution that employs/employed the abuser, the Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore being one example of a liable institution
- Any individual or institution that facilitates the cover-up of clergy sexual abuse
An investigation by the Maryland Attorney General’s Office revealed that, in the case of the Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore, hundreds of abusive priests went unpunished for decades. This sort of long-running cover-up involves numerous liable parties.
Each case of clergy sexual abuse requires a unique examination, as the details vary from case to case. The team at Jenner Law will gather all relevant details to determine liability for your damages and seek the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Jenner Law Today for a Free Consultation About Hiring a Maryland Clergy Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Don’t wait to get started on your clergy sexual abuse case. The sooner you hire a sexual abuse lawyer to start your case in Maryland, the sooner we can file your case and collect time-sensitive evidence.
Call Jenner Law today for your free consultation.