Survivors of sexual abuse deserve justice, and civil courts allow you to seek a financial recovery that will hold liable parties accountable for their abuse. If you or your child is a survivor of abuse by a Catholic Church clergy member in Maryland, the team at Jenner Law wants to fight for you.
A Maryland Catholic Church clergy abuse lawyer from our team will seek fair compensation for your abuse-related damages. Our clergy abuse attorneys can seek justice so you and your family can begin to heal.
Recent Findings Have Uncovered Widespread Abuse by Catholic Church Clergy in Maryland
The Catholic Church was the target of an investigation by the Maryland Attorney General’s Office. The findings were that the Archdiocese of Baltimore exposed hundreds of minors to sexual abuse by more than 150 priests.
These findings bring into question how many survivors of abuse by Catholic Church clergy have not gotten the justice they deserve.
Should I Hire Jenner Law to Handle My Case Against the Catholic Church in Maryland?
Not all law firms are equipped to handle clergy abuse cases. The team at Jenner Law, however, has made representing abuse survivors a core focus. Our experience with cases like yours means:
- We are ready for the unique challenges that your clergy abuse case may present.
- We understand how sensitive your case is and the privacy that you require.
- We know the toll that sexual abuse takes on survivors and how to value the damages you have suffered.
- Your case is in capable hands with Jenner Law.
The Catholic Church has ample financial resources but it may try to pay you less than you deserve—or not pay you at all. The Jenner Law team has proven that we can hold liable parties accountable for sexual abuse. See our case results to find out how we’ve successfully represented other survivors of abuse.
What We Promise You as a Jenner Law Client
Survivors of sexual abuse are a unique type of client. While we prioritize every client we represent, we know that your case will require the greatest discretion and that you deserve privacy and respect throughout legal proceedings.
We’ll do everything we can to make the legal process seamless for you, including:
- Managing every case-related duty for you: When you hire our firm, you can rely on our firm. We’ll handle every detail of your case, from getting your account of the abuse to completing settlement negotiations and any necessary trial preparation.
- Reaching out when case circumstances change: Whenever something important happens in your case, we will update you. Our team will provide active communication so that you know where your case stands at all times.
- Shielding you from liable parties: When victims of clergy sexual abuse handle their own lawsuits, they may have to deal directly with liable parties—possibly including representatives of the Catholic Church or even their abuser. By hiring Jenner Law, we protect you from any distressing interactions.
- Remaining available at all times: If you ever have questions or concerns, we encourage you to call. You’ll have your lawyer’s phone number, and a team member will always be available to assist you.
Those who have suffered abuse have already endured enough hardship. A Catholic Church clergy abuse lawyer from our firm will take your case off of your hands. We may be able to hold liable parties accountable for the harm they have caused you.
Client Testimonials for Jenner Law
The team at Jenner Law strives for every client to have complete satisfaction, even in the most challenging circumstances. Reviews from our former clients show how hard Jenner Law works on our clients’ behalf:
- “My experience was great. I was updated on everything at all times. I was very pleased with my law firm. If I could use them again I would.” – Identity Hidden
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!” – Identity Hidden
- “I spent about a year and a half as Katie Kerner’s client, and client of Jenner Law, and I honestly felt like Katie was wonderful to work with. I would recommend her and Jenner Law to anyone, and especially anyone in the same situation of mental health practitioner abuse. Outstanding, ethical, and caring people.” – Identity Hidden
Our team will give everything we have to hold the Catholic Church liable for the abuse it subjected you to.
For a free legal consultation with a catholic church clergy abuse lawyer call,
Recoverable Damages for Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Catholic Clergy in Maryland
The psychological and emotional effects of clergy sexual abuse can last a lifetime. These effects may lead to the following damages:
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Substance abuse
- Mental health treatment expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost quality of life
- Other forms of pain and suffering
Our lawyers will work with mental health experts to determine the cost of your abuse. We also want to hear from you, as you may have the clearest perspective of how your abuse has affected your life.
We Will Handle Every Step of Your Catholic Church Clergy Abuse Lawsuit
Jenner Law will manage every aspect of your lawsuit, including:
- Collecting evidence: We’ll rely on law enforcement investigations, your own account, witness accounts, and other evidence of your abuse. Our team will gather this evidence while respecting your privacy and dignity.
- Documenting your damages: Our lawyers will get expert testimony, bills for mental healthcare, and any other available documentation of your damages.
- Hiring experts: Jenner Law will hire any experts whose testimony or services will strengthen your lawsuit.
- Settlement negotiations: Your lawyer will negotiate with the liable parties’ representatives. We’ll work tirelessly to get compensation without going to court.
If we do need to take your case to court, our team is ready. We have one clear goal, and that is to get the financial justice you deserve.
Click to contact our Maryland Clergy Sexual Abuse Lawyers today
Call Jenner Law Today for a Free Consultation About Your Catholic Church Clergy Abuse Case in Maryland
A lawyer from our team will demand the compensation you deserve from the Catholic Church and any other liable party. While Maryland has extended the statute of limitations for civil cases involving clergy sexual abuse, don’t wait to contact us. Call Jenner Law today for your free consultation.
Call or text (888) 585-2188 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form