Survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic Church clergy members in Baltimore have the chance to seek justice. Regardless of any criminal proceedings against the church, a Baltimore Catholic Church sexual abuse lawyer from Jenner Law can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
We fight for survivors of sexual abuse, helping them pursue justice and hold their abuser accountable. You don’t need to navigate the legal system alone. Our clergy sexual abuse lawyer is prepared to manage your case and advocate for your best interests.
We’ll Lead Your Case Against the Catholic Church of Baltimore From Start to Finish
Our Baltimore clergy sexual abuse lawyer will lead every step in your sexual abuse case against the Catholic Church in Baltimore, including:
- Calculating your damages
- Identifying liable parties, including the Catholic Church
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
- Taking your case to trial if appropriate
- Communicating with any parties who are involved in your case
- Gathering evidence to support your case
Sexual abuse-related lawsuits are familiar territory for our firm. We’ll manage every detail of your case so you can focus on healing.
For a free legal consultation with a catholic church clergy sexual abuse lawyer call,
Why Survivors of Clergy Sexual Abuse Choose Jenner Law To Pursue Justice for Them
Sexual abuse survivors deserve a law firm that has proven its success in similar cases. Sexual abuse cases are a major part of our firm’s identity, and as our client, you can expect:
- Our Baltimore clergy sexual abuse lawyer to handle your entire case: Survivors deserve justice, and you shouldn’t have to worry about handling your case alone. We’ll handle the legal process from start to finish.
- An experienced team of attorneys: Our background with sexual abuse cases may prove beneficial to your lawsuit. We have worked with many sexual abuse clients before.
- Compassion: We know how sexual abuse cases impact a survivor’s life. You’ll receive empathetic legal care from our entire team.
The Catholic Church is a well-financed organization, but Jenner Law never backs down from a legal fight.
Client Testimonials for our Baltimore clergy sexual abuse lawyers
Our former clients explain how Jenner Law fights for justice for sexual abuse survivors:
- “…I spent about a year and a half as Katie Kerner’s client, and client of Jenner Law, and I honestly felt like Katie was wonderful to work with. My case was exceptionally sensitive, and she was so compassionate toward me, every step of the way, as she helped me get to a resolution in the case…” – Identity Hidden
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure for people not involved with law, and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative for their help!” – Identity Hidden
This is the same level of dedication and service you will receive from Jenner Law. You can count on our firm to provide client-focused service when you hire us to work on your case.
What Damages Can Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Catholic Church Clergy Members Seek Compensation For?
Because our Baltimore clergy sexual abuse lawyers has successfully fought lawsuits for many survivors of sexual abuse, we know what to look for. You could recover damages such as:
Sexual abuse survivors may suffer from:
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Your Baltimore Catholic Church clergy abuse lawyer from Jenner Law will work with qualified mental health experts to establish your damages.
Pain and Suffering
Sexual abuse can cause physical and emotional pain and suffering. We can look at your medical records and reference statements from you and your family members to understand how much compensation we can pursue for the pain and suffering you endured.
The effects of sexual abuse can be far-reaching and affect your ability to make a living. Conditions like depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem may:
- Have prevented you from excelling academically and therefore limited your professional prospects
- Interfere with your ability to get or maintain steady employment
- Prevent you from earning promotions
- Reduce your income and earning power
- Have caused you to need time away from your job
The lawyers at Jenner Law will determine the exact cost of your abuse-related professional damages.
If you needed or still need medical treatment related to your abuse, we’ll include the cost of healthcare in your lawsuit. You could receive compensation to cover hospital bills, doctor’s appointments, and medications.
New Legislation Abolishes Maryland’s Time Limit for Childhood Sexual Abuse Cases
In years past, childhood sexual abuse survivors have been stopped from pursuing the justice they deserve due to Maryland’s statute of limitations. While changes have been made to the filing deadline over the years, none have fully repealed the strict statute of limitations.
On October 1st, the Maryland Child Victims Act will eliminate the state’s current statute of limitations for childhood sexual abuse claims. Thanks to lawmakers and Gov. Wes Moore, who signed the bill into law, this new legislation will give countless survivors of clergy sexual abuse a chance to make their voices heard and take legal action.