You should never face any form of abuse when you turn to a therapist for mental health support. If you or someone you love suffered sexual abuse at the hands of a therapist, you could seek financial recovery. Our Massachusetts therapist sexual abuse lawyer can build a strong case that holds the at-fault party accountable.
We start by listening to your version of events and reviewing the details of your case at no cost. At Jenner Law, we understand your rights and will help you hold the negligent therapist financially accountable for their actions. We help you fight back by collecting evidence and negotiating a fair and appropriate settlement for you. We will take on the insurance company — big or small —so you concentrate on getting better.
How Therapist Sexual Abuse Happens
As clients and therapists meet for sessions, clients usually start to open up and feel more comfortable with their therapist. Sometimes, clients develop feelings that go beyond a standard client-therapist relationship, seeing their therapist as a friend, family member, or romantic interest. This behavior is transference. Moreover, a therapist may engage in countertransference and project their trauma onto their client in response.
It’s not uncommon for transference and countertransference to occur in these relationships. Therapists should even be prepared for such. Unfortunately, they may take advantage of the situation and assume power and control over their clients. Sometimes, this exploitation results in sexual abuse.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer call,
Let Our Client-Focused Team Prove Your Right to Financial Recovery
When a therapist oversteps their boundaries and their patients suffer, Jenner Law holds them financially liable. Our familiarity with state law and codes of ethics therapists must follow means we know how to build an effective case. To bolster your case, we will:
- Compile evidence of your losses
- Speak with our network of field consultants
- Identify and interpret the appropriate filing deadline
- Ensure you receive regular updates
- Obtain an Affidavit of Merit, if your case is based on professional malpractice
Our therapist abuse lawyers work to hold the liable party or parties accountable. We will not hesitate to fight for your rights.
Our Law Firm Will Accept Your Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Concerns about attorney’s fees shouldn’t hold you back from seeking legal help. Our law firm will absorb all costs of preparing your case. We cover all investigative, court, filing, and documentation costs.
At Jenner Law, our therapist abuse attorneys will take your case on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our fees are contingent on the outcome of your case. We receive a percentage of any compensation you receive as payment. We discuss this arrangement prior to starting your case, so you know what to expect.
Your Therapist Abuse Case Could Involve Multiple Liable Parties
In addition to your therapist, you could seek damages from others involved in your treatment. Our therapist sexual abuse lawyer serving Massachusetts will investigate:
- The therapist who was responsible for your treatment
- The school or other administrators who assigned a therapist
- Staff or other team members who failed to report abuse
We will not stop fighting for your rights or the financial compensation you need and deserve. At Jenner Law, we pursue every potentially liable party who owed you a duty of care.
Leave Evidence Collection to Our Investigative Team
On your own, collecting evidence could be difficult and stressful. When we accept your case, we manage every aspect, including the collection of evidence. We will obtain police reports, eyewitness testimony, and other information to bolster your claim.
Our legal team will fight to obtain the therapist’s professional record, complaints or allegations of abuse from former patients, and information on any previously filed cases.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Your Therapist Sexual Abuse Lawyer Can Seek These Damages
Our law firm knows that nothing can atone for the abuse you endured. Recovering from abuse can incur many costs, and we work hard to ensure your case accounts for those costs. Compensation in your case could comprise:
- All medical expenses, including mental and emotional medical care, future therapy, in-home medical support, and treatment-related travel expenses
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
Your Right to Compensation Has a State-Imposed Time Limit
All civil lawsuits have a filing deadline determined by state law. In Massachusetts, the filing deadline in your case depends on how it is filed. Potential filings that determine the statute of limitations include:
- Professional malpractice
- Personal injury
On your own, it can be hard to know how to file your case and which statute applies. Let our legal team handle it for you. We can determine your lawsuit’s filing deadline and take legal action as necessary.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Working With Jenner Law
Every client we represent and every case we accept is a priority to our entire team. Our previous clients say the following about our commitment to outstanding service:
- “I had a great experience with Jenner Law, the communication during my settlement was excellent.” – [Identity Hidden]
- “Very responsive and available whenever I had questions. Friendly and trustworthy. I always felt like I was in good hands with Jenner Law.” – [Identity Hidden]
- “Incredible communication, excellent way of explaining every procedure…and extremely personable. I couldn’t be more happy and appreciative of their help!” – [Identity Hidden]
Read additional reviews on our testimonials page and see why you can trust our law firm to provide compassionate legal guidance when you want it most.
We Offer Resources to Sexual Assault Claimants in Massachusetts
Our team offers more than legal help. We want you to have access to the resources you need to process your trauma. Some local resources include:
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers many resources for sexual abuse survivors throughout the state.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness lists peer support groups, male-centered resources, and more for survivors of sexual abuse.
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) offers a helpline sexual abuse survivors can call any time for support.
Call Now for Your Free Case Review
If you or a loved one experienced therapist sexual abuse in Massachusetts, Jenner Law can seek the financial recovery you need. We will collect evidence and negotiate with the therapist or their insurer. Contact us today to learn more about your financial recovery options.